Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Car judders when pulling away in first gear

3 posters

Go down

Car judders when pulling away in first gear Empty Car judders when pulling away in first gear

Post by Johno.0 Wed 15 Apr 2020 - 21:56

It appears to be intermittent. I have replaced the spark plugs, coil pack, the leads and air filter. Car only judders when pulling away in first gear after I’ve been driving it for some time. Doesn’t do it when it’s cold from what I’ve gathered.

I have had clutch and flywheel looked at and no problems there. Engine mounts have also been checked and no problems there either. It feels more like a misfire to me. Really hope you can help it’s driving me nuts.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Car judders when pulling away in first gear Empty Re: Car judders when pulling away in first gear

Post by Mistydogblue Thu 16 Apr 2020 - 8:47

It does sound like a problem with either the clutch or flywheel and while being annoying might not get my worse. If someone had a proper look at the clutch and flywheel I presume they took off the gearbox and it would have been a good idea to change the clutch at that time. It could also be oil from the crankshaft deal dripping into the clutch plate. If you are sure it is more like a misfire it could be a crack in the head gasket that is only obvious when the car is hot. Check the cooling level.

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Car judders when pulling away in first gear Empty Re: Car judders when pulling away in first gear

Post by Johno.0 Thu 16 Apr 2020 - 18:27

Hi there, many thanks for your response. I now have a delay when I depress the gas pedal. Takes about two seconds before the Rev counter moves when I fully depress the gas pedal. I’m going to assume now it’s the MAF. Can you guide me in the right direction as to where it is located? I think I’ve found it but just want to be certain. Many thanks in advance.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydogblue Thu 16 Apr 2020 - 23:21

Hi the MAF is attached to the throttle body which is on the RHS looking into the engine. Not very clear from the picture below but it is in between the 2 hoses that you see. A new MAF can be quite expensive but you can get spray cleaners to clean them for about £10 on ebay or amazon.

Car judders when pulling away in first gear 20200413

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno.0 Fri 17 Apr 2020 - 22:57

Hi, thank you for this.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sat 18 Apr 2020 - 10:03

Had a similar problem with the MAF on my wife's Suzuki SX4 many years ago: rough tickover & pick up when starting off.

I remember cleaning it with electrical contact cleaner with a good result.

Last edited by pittstop on Sat 18 Apr 2020 - 17:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down