Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Electronic Stability Program & rear brake pads.

2 posters

Go down

Electronic Stability Program & rear brake pads. Empty Electronic Stability Program & rear brake pads.

Post by pittstop Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 19:30

Realised that rear brake pads were getting a bit thin so decided to replace them.

Interesting to note that rears seemed to have worn faster than fronts possibly due to some corrosion on these discs which are perhaps of poorer quality than fronts.

Thanks to owning a brake caliper rewind tool the job was pretty straightforward but at my age doing such a job sitting/lying on the driveway; rather than having the car up on a two post ramp; was a bit tiring.

I then decided to take a drive to bed in the pads as the discs were slightly; but not enough to warrant replacement; ridged.

Old style technique is to drive on a gentle throttle then gently operate brakes with the left foot.

On the Wind the ESP cut in when it realised I was trying to accelerate & brake at the same time; something that could potentially destabilise the car; & prevented me from doing this by cutting the accelerator every time my left foot pressed the brake pedal.

I am not a fan of a car telling me what to do despite modern trends to the contrary. In my day if it was slippery one didn't have ABS one had ones own foot applying cadence braking!!!!!!!!

That said: Proof at least that the ESP is working on my car as how often does anyone except a hooligan really put it to the test?
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Electronic Stability Program & rear brake pads. Empty Re: Electronic Stability Program & rear brake pads.

Post by donjack Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 10:12

Morning @pittstop you can turn the 'esp' off, just in front of your right knee, below the door mirror adjuster. Just don't forget to turn it back on!!
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Electronic Stability Program & rear brake pads. Empty Re: Electronic Stability Program & rear brake pads.

Post by pittstop Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 12:23

Thanks.

Point taken re turning it back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Mon 29 Apr 2019 - 15:05

Discovered that  whilst the ESP reacts to foot brake & accelerator used together it ignores it if one uses the handbrake!

A few gentle uses of the handbrake whilst on the move has already started to show a cleaner pad sweep around the disc . A few more of those should do the job.

Last edited by pittstop on Mon 29 Apr 2019 - 15:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down