Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Install a new radio

2 posters

Go down

Install a new radio Empty Install a new radio

Post by Night Fury Wed 4 Jan 2017 - 21:20

Has anyone replaced their radio with a new one? I suspect this might not be possible due to integration issues, but would like to know if anyone has attrempted to upgrade.
Night Fury
Night Fury
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Install a new radio Empty Re: Install a new radio

Post by ElNumbre Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 20:13

I've done a bit of reading up, and I think the head unit is relatively straightforward.  You'd need a facia adapter,  an adaptor harness (Renault to ISO) and it appears there are a variety of adapters to convert the steering wheel controls to the radio, but I think you need a specific adapter for both the brand of radio and the head unit mfr you need.   Have a look at Connects2 - they seem to do many different adapters.

Nb, I'm fairly certain you'll lose use of the LCD central display, except for maybe the temperature sensor.  I'm thinking of a project for this this year though.
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down