Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Updating Tunepoint Radio

+2
Night Fury
tabascouk
6 posters

Go down

Updating Tunepoint Radio Empty Updating Tunepoint Radio

Post by ElNumbre Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 19:32

Evening All,

Got my Tunepoint Radio software updated today, and thought I'd share the relatively easy process to do this.

The current build version is s2.42m2.42 whereas my version was s2.12m.2.12

To check the software version:
Turn on the car radio and select a source (source) FM
Go to the menu «Settings (settings) >> Via Settings / Settings, select the last button right under the faceplate of the stereo
Select the menu "Audio Settings" 
Select "Display the software version"
On the screen you will see the version. 
If its not s2.42m2.42, then perform the update.

The update can currently be found @ 
http://web.renault.nl/downloads/services/renault-multimedia/audio-connection-box/updates/renault-update-acb.zip

To perform the update, you need a FAT32 formatted USB stick.  I used an old 1GB stick formatted freshly to perform this updates as other have had issues updating, and smaller sticks tend to work better for these sorts of things from my experience.

Download the update to your PC.
Format the USB stick to FAT32 format
Unzip the update file (Renault-270511-s2.42.cab) to the USB stick.
Eject the stick from your computer.

Goto the car, and connect the USB stick
Go to the menu «Settings (settings)
Select the menu "Audio Settings" 
Select "Update the software version"
The software update will take a couple of minutes - the radio may drop out whilst it re-initiates.

Check the software version per the top of the post to check the version to check that it has updated properly.
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Updating Tunepoint Radio Empty Re: Updating Tunepoint Radio

Post by ElNumbre Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 19:33

I've not been able to find a changelog for the update, but the radio feels slightly faster.

This doesn't upgrade the bluetooth element from what I can see - it appears this requires a separate Parrot upgrade, and this seems to require a Windows 7/XP device.

I should note that performing firmware updates do have a slight risk of destroying the device if something goes wrong, and you do so at your own risk.
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tabascouk Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 8:55

Hi ElNumbre, I had looked into this before and like your car my tunepoint was the previous version. However I maybe wrong but I am sure I read the update was for ipod compatability. 

My other half is desperate to get their ipod to work in my car (I am the tech person in this relationship). I havent gone too out my way to remedy it using the aux usb port as it means my car would be subjected to their tunes!!!

I am in to minds as it works great via bluetooth with my S7 edge and it is my music all the way!!!

if anyone could try this or can verify the ipod/tunes compatability that would be great.

tabascouk
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 10:58

Ive no idea about iPods, Apple devices are banned in this household Razz The firmware upgrade I believe only targets the USB bit of the radio rather than any other functionality. I saw a discussion that the range of supported file types is increased, but Ive only loaded my 32Gb stick with MP3 tracks so im not sure if I will see that benefit.
Folder browsing seems to be quicker after the update, but I've not seen any other changes.

I also generally listen via Bluetooth to my Android device, playing either TuneIn or Spotify, so the next job will be to build an XP laptop and have a bash at updating the firmware for that, because I find that when reconnecting the BT device, it seems to send a pause command and the volume turns down to very low. My current BT software version is 88.11.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tabascouk Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 19:36

ElNumbre wrote:Ive no idea about iPods, Apple devices are banned in this household Razz The firmware upgrade I believe only targets the USB bit of the radio rather than any other functionality.  I saw a discussion that the range of supported file types is increased, but Ive only loaded my 32Gb stick with MP3 tracks so im not sure if I will see that benefit.
Folder browsing seems to be quicker after the update, but I've not seen any other changes.

I also generally listen via Bluetooth to my Android device,  playing either TuneIn or Spotify,  so the next job will be to build an XP laptop and have a bash at updating the firmware for that, because I find that when reconnecting the BT device,  it seems to send a pause command and the volume turns down to very low.  My current BT software version is 88.11.
I will do the update. I am surprised people haven't modded the tunepoint radio softwear as other renaults share the same tunepoint. I persume my car will have the same version too. I have access to windows 7 if that is any help works laptop in running it. My home PC with my adobe photoshop, illustrator etc has been packed away since the start of my home renevations its on god awful windows 8. But if I can be of any help let me know,

tabascouk
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Fury Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 10:02

The link in ElNumbre's post is no longer valid. Is there any way to get the tunepoint update now that it is gone?
Night Fury
Night Fury
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:27

You might be able to find a backup of it here  https://mega.nz/#!8wgC3aIS!FfujUZgv3WMXiOrSuT1a_xY9GDumbjGa6KY0QhDQhzc

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 20:20

@marelro you could try this
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 15:41

Having read this I see the procedure seems to be just as tortuous as updating the sat nav on my wife's Captur. Something I've only done twice since 2013!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlebadger Sun 16 Oct 2022 - 12:59

Sorry to bump this but it may be useful for others.

I did the updated on my car and now it will read a 128GB USB stick. Going to try a FLAC song and get back to you all.

Still doesn't play FLAC files.
Littlebadger
Littlebadger
Started the engine

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down