Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

DABber Radio

3 posters

Go down

DABber Radio Empty DABber Radio

Post by ElNumbre Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 21:19

Picked up an upgrade to the stereo today at Aldi.  Its a DAB Radio with Bluetooth, MicroSD and Aux out for the princely sum of £35.
Seems to tune in the house okay, so next weekends project is to have a go at fitting it.

N.b, does anyone know where the FM radio aerial is?  

DABber Radio QOwQo8Tm
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

DABber Radio Empty Re: DABber Radio

Post by Barbs Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 22:40

If I had to guess it would be the letterbox windscreen heater.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 8:50

Thats what I thought, although I couldn't see any wiring beyond the heater matrix, and it appeared that each of the wires were a part of that.
I think I need to do some reception tests, but my current plan if feasible is to put it in the plastic baseball cap thing which I presume protects the rollover hoop and holds the centre brake light.
DABber Radio 3FICQ8I
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mkstevo Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 19:43

ElNumbre wrote:Thats what I thought, although I couldn't see any wiring beyond the heater matrix, and it appeared that each of the wires were a part of that.  
I think I need to do some reception tests, but my current plan if feasible is to put it in the plastic baseball cap thing which I presume protects the rollover hoop and holds the centre brake light.  
 DABber Radio 3FICQ8I
Probably too late. But I think the controller for the aerial (in the heated screen) is in a box tucked underneath the rear screen somewhere? Either inside the boot area or behind the panel, that is in turn, behind the seats.

You can get some self adhesive DAB aerials that stick to the windscreen. If it were me, I'd use one of those. Getting the stereo out was one of the hardest jobs I ever did on the Wind. Trying to get it back in was the problem, it kept pushing the wires off. Radio aerial being one of them. Once back in, I left it in.

Mkstevo
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down