Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Coil springs

5 posters

Go down

Coil springs  Empty Coil springs

Post by Nottyhorror Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 19:00

Hi have got to get front  coil spring changed on my wind they are both broken right at the top. I phoned renault today and they said I need to look at colour markings on my original springs before they can quote for replacement s . The genuine springs from Renaut are approx 150 for pair . My wind is the 1.2 tce I don't know if this is diffredif to the 1.6 vvt version. My question is are the genuine Renault springs worth the additional premium over the patterns parts . Any advice is welcome cheers Paul

Nottyhorror
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Coil springs  Empty Re: Coil springs

Post by Dr@gon Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 19:25

Dr@gon
Dr@gon
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Nottyhorror Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 20:00

Thanks are any of the forum members using these springs they are about half the price of the main dealers ones .cheers paul

Nottyhorror
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr@gon Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 19:33

i got a pair only used 1 so far put them on 2 years ago have no problems
Dr@gon
Dr@gon
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit197 Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 23:50

I had a bad experience with non-dealer springs a few years ago on a VW Passat. After a spring failure I was towed to a local garage. They fitted a replacement pair, but the car was way too low at the front. Yet the garage swore they had fitted the correct part, and even showed me there was only one varient offered by their supplier.

After a few weeks driving round, and grinding the under-engine plastic guard thing out on the bumps on the back roads I take to work, I rang the VW dealer. There were 8 different springs fitted as standard to the Passat that year, and another 8 that could be fitted as options. Identification was from coloured paint marks on the springs. Fortunatly I had the old springs. I ended up buying genuine springs from the dealer, and the garage fitted them and refunded the cost of the aftermarket springs. VW springs cost twice as much, but they were spot on.
Bandit197
Bandit197
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by Nottyhorror Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 20:07

Thanks for advice I'm probably going to go with the main dealer springs labour cost is the same but extra 70 pounds for springs for piece of mind I'm going to have to swallow it cheers paul

Nottyhorror
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by phillipleighton Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 10:55

I went for a set of h&r springs lowers the car bit not the the point where it looks dropped to its knees makes the handling so much better and was only 165 quid from eurocar parts for all 4

phillipleighton
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by KatanaAl Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 18:45

Bought a full set of Eibach springs costing £120, my local garage charged me £80 in total for fitting all four. They have lowered the car by 25mm and the ride is superb.
KatanaAl
KatanaAl
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down