Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Front and Rear Coil Springs

2 posters

Go down

Front and Rear Coil Springs Empty Front and Rear Coil Springs

Post by KatanaAl Thu 11 May 2017 - 10:52

Took my car in this morning to have the front nearside coil spring replaced only to find the rear offside spring has also snapped. I'm trying to order some Eibach replacement springs online, they are £41.58 each but the guy is asking if I can give him the original Renault part numbers to ensure I get the correct parts despite the website clearly showing that the springs are identical on both the 1.2 and the 1.6 cars.
Can anybody help me with these please.
On the plus side the garage removed my snapped wheel stud free of charge.
Thanks
KatanaAl
KatanaAl
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Front and Rear Coil Springs Empty Re: Front and Rear Coil Springs

Post by KatanaAl Thu 11 May 2017 - 13:18

Also Eibach do a full replacement coil spring set for £107 which lowers the car by 20mm. Not being much of a car mechanic will these just bolt on with no further modifications necessary. Looking at the car it would certainly suit a slightly lower stance, plenty of clearance between the wheel arches and the tyres.
KatanaAl
KatanaAl
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Thu 11 May 2017 - 14:35

They should just bolt on, everyone I've known who's lowered springs has just gone on.  The only slight risk you're at is that the standard shocks are built to run at the defined height, so you might find they fail, but 2 cm I find it highly unlikely.  Thats the weight of a fat get like me sitting in the car Smile  
Let me know, I might look at this option next week if it turns out its a suspension spring failure on mine.
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by KatanaAl Thu 11 May 2017 - 14:47

It's going to be a couple of weeks before I get the car done. I'm off to the Scottish Highlands on Saturday with the lads for eight days touring on the bike. Will have a word with the mechanic tomorrow morning and let you know what he says.
KatanaAl
KatanaAl
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down