Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Super unleaded / Fuel additive / Cleaner

5 posters

Go down

Super unleaded / Fuel additive / Cleaner Empty Super unleaded / Fuel additive / Cleaner

Post by Bullyboy Sun 19 Feb 2017 - 22:17

Hi all.
I know the argument between regular and super unleaded and just wondered has anyone tried super vs regular in the wind and noticed any difference ?

Secondly I was going to run some redex or similar into the car just to give it a 'clean' but have not used this product for years.  

Anyone had an recent experience?

Thanks guys
Bullyboy
Bullyboy
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Super unleaded / Fuel additive / Cleaner Empty Re: Super unleaded / Fuel additive / Cleaner

Post by johntymac Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 10:23

Hi Bullyboy, Have heard it could damage the catalytic converter over a period of time.

johntymac
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Super unleaded / Fuel additive / Cleaner Empty Re: Super unleaded / Fuel additive / Cleaner

Post by Dr@gon Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 10:29

it burns hotter. have to use it in my scooby i have used it in the wind every now and again. normal is cheaper Smile
Dr@gon
Dr@gon
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 12:26

I tried the higher octane stuff and didn't really notice any difference in performance. In fact, according to Torque my MPG actually went down by about 3mpg.  

I have always run Redex in all my cars every few months or so.  Again, don't notice any difference but I've never had any issues with the fueling problems, exhaust/emissions/lambda problems.  For the relatively low cost, I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work.
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullyboy Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 13:22

Thanks guys. Was going to run a few tanks of super and see if I notice anything.

Also going to put a can of Wynns injection cleaner into the fuel just as a one off. Car is coming up for 6 years old and just thought I would try to be proactive on the cleaner.

On the fuel I have used Super on some of my other cars and was just wondering if it benefitted the wind in 'performance' or running smoother.

Appreciate the answers. I will put a super tank in next time and will run 3 or 4 tank fulls and see if I notice anything.
Bullyboy
Bullyboy
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 9:01

Had mine painted
Super unleaded / Fuel additive / Cleaner 20170312
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down