Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

White Wind in Leatherhead Esso petrol station, Tuesday 5th of April 2016

4 posters

Go down

White Wind in Leatherhead Esso petrol station, Tuesday 5th of April 2016 Empty White Wind in Leatherhead Esso petrol station, Tuesday 5th of April 2016

Post by Night Fury Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 9:29

The white Wind really looks good and stands out from the crowd, almost as handsome as my black beast  Razz
Night Fury
Night Fury
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

White Wind in Leatherhead Esso petrol station, Tuesday 5th of April 2016 Empty Re: White Wind in Leatherhead Esso petrol station, Tuesday 5th of April 2016

Post by colin565 Sat 9 Apr 2016 - 0:02

They do look good in White. Mind you I have only seen two so far, and both were on the move, so could not get a good eyeful.

I can understand why there were a lot of Blacks & Blues, as Black was the 'in' colour for that year, and also Blue was the 'Renault Wind Launch' colour.

But still to this day, we do not know why there were so few, Red, White and Gray models.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

White Wind in Leatherhead Esso petrol station, Tuesday 5th of April 2016 Empty Re: White Wind in Leatherhead Esso petrol station, Tuesday 5th of April 2016

Post by LukeC Sat 9 Apr 2016 - 20:30

Never sold well though did they the dealers were probably lumbered with pre-reg cars in the most sellable colours rather than customers ordering them in their own spec

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 22:38

Yeh, never sold well due to high price and depression on at the time of Launch, back in 2010. 

When we got a quick word through the previous Wind forum that the UK production was ceasing Feb 2012, there was a run on the remaining new and pre-reg stock at dealers at the end of 2011, which there was a lot of, as prices really fell to get shot of them off the forecourts. I got mine in Nov 2011.

I love a car deal, and this was good to me as I could never afford the launch price of £15.5k to £18.2k. I was waiting for a secondhand one.

But I ended up getting my 1.6i new for £10.5k. Some owners got pre-regs with zero miles for as low as £9k depending on model/spec.

Nice to fleece the dealers for a change in 2011, rather than the other way round, which unfortunately we are now back to in 2016.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Mon 11 Apr 2016 - 22:47

I paid a little over £9k, but it did have 41 miles on the clock when I collected it. Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Thu 14 Apr 2016 - 16:26

Araf wrote:I paid a little over £9k, but it did have 41 miles on the clock when I collected it. Wink

Mine had to be brought up from the Midlands as a swap via dealers, as could not get Red in Scotland at the time, so agreed as long as it was trailer-ed up, (did not want a fast running 'red plate' guy) so ended up with 11 miles on the clock.

So you did well  Very Happy
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 9:23

colin565 wrote:
Araf wrote:I paid a little over £9k, but it did have 41 miles on the clock when I collected it. Wink

Mine had to be brought up from the Midlands as a swap via dealers, as could not get Red in Scotland at the time, so agreed as long as it was trailer-ed up, (did not want a fast running 'red plate' guy) so ended up with 11 miles on the clock.

So you did well  Very Happy

Oddly enough, mine moved from Scotland to Huddersfield (IIRC) by transporter.  If you hadn't been so picky, I could have had a red one. Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down