Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

White Wind W1

3 posters

Go down

White Wind W1 Empty White Wind W1

Post by Barbs Fri 25 Dec 2015 - 11:08

Ryoukodragon has been spotting Winds in Cornwall a White one with Private plates.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

White Wind W1 Empty Re: White Wind W1

Post by knebby Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 9:34

When they first came out I saw several white ones and thought it was a common colour but haven't seen one in ages (apart from the schoolteacher's one in our village).

Autotrader recently had a white one, a Category C repair, and the seats had been coloured a lovely deep red, it looked really nice.

I've always liked white with red leather, particularly on a Frogeye Sprite...
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 9:38

knebby wrote:When they first came out I saw several white ones and thought it was a common colour but haven't seen one in ages (apart from the schoolteacher's one in our village).

Autotrader recently had a white one, a Category C repair, and the seats had been coloured a lovely deep red, it looked really nice.

I've always liked white with red leather, particularly on a Frogeye Sprite...
Why haven't you invited her to join Us?
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 19:46

The colours in the UK were never evenly distributed as you would think. The actual colour figures were on the old defunct website.

If I remember roughly, the blue (the launch colour) and black ( the most popular colour for that year) were split almost evenly in numbers, and that accounted for majority of the total cars. About 80% total.

The other 20% of the total were split over white, grey and red, with white the most numerous, followed by grey and then red. 

Why red (a sports car popular colour) had so few available for sale, I just do not know Renault sales reasoning for that.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 21:29

[quote="colin565"]The colours in the UK were never evenly distributed as you would think. The actual colour figures were on the old defunct website.

If I remember roughly, the blue (the launch colour) and black ( the most popular colour for that year) were split almost evenly in numbers, and that accounted for majority of the total cars. About 80% total.

The other 20% of the total were split over white, grey and red, with white the most numerous, followed by grey and then red. 

Why red (a sports car popular colour) had so few available for sale, I just do not know Renault sales reasoning for that.[/quote]

I made a note of the figures at the time which I think were from Renault up to June 2010 and before the Gordini was made:

Black 1,202
Blue 913
White 224
Grey 44
Red 35

I've got a figure written down of 2,490 UK Winds in total and 124,718 total worldwide.
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 21:33

In fact here's a copy of mkstevos post:

Mkstevo on Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 10:26

You'll be pleased to know that although I gave most of the Wind related paperwork to the new owner of our car, I did keep the (tatty!) piece of paper that I had written down the car sales figures for the U.K. on. Phew!
All figures were given to me by Renault U.K. Customer services. I presume them to be correct as of October 2013.
In the U.K. Renault sold 2490 Winds.
The breakdown of colour of vehicles sold was:
Black 1202
Blue 913
White 224
Grey 44
Red 35
Not forgetting...
Brown 1
As of June 2010 Renault manufactured 124,718 cars.
Mkstevo
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down