Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Drivers window does not rise

4 posters

Go down

Drivers window does not rise Empty Drivers window does not rise

Post by mdw Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 15:48

Oh well, 200 miles in and first problem.  Drivers door window drops a bit on each door opening. It initally went up if I got in and pressed the up button but after a few door openings it now wont rise at all.   Thanfully I have space in the garage.   Any ideas.   Have tried the press and hold for 20 seconds thing.

Forgot to add this was at the end of the first journey  after the battery was disconected and passenger  side still works as it should.
Im going to pop the door trim off tomorrow  and it looks like its the temic unit on the motor which ebay seems to be full of as they are a regular failure on other renaults.
mdw
mdw
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Drivers window does not rise Empty Re: Drivers window does not rise

Post by Mistydogblue Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 23:04

Hi mdw, did you put the window down and hold switch in down position for 10 seconds and then put window back up and hold switch in the up position for another 10 seconds?

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by mdw Fri 11 Dec 2020 - 7:22

Yes tried that and no joy. No nasty noises but just drops and won't rise so now fully open.  Somebody has advised cycle the roof which I will try.   As it drops fine my bet is on the temic module ( if it has one) which seems to be such a common Renault fault that eBay is full of repaired and new but non Renault versions.
mdw
mdw
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by mdw Fri 11 Dec 2020 - 8:24

Annnnnnd this morning .............it works!!!  I was all ready to dive into the guts of the door and its as if nothing had happened.     One question though. Is it onetouch on drivers side down only and nothing else?
mdw
mdw
Took the roof down

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 11 Dec 2020 - 9:00

The one touch is on both sides but only on the down for safety reason one touch up is not available.

Hope you enjoy your car. I still love mine after 9 years.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Johno.0 and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Fri 11 Dec 2020 - 13:11

mdw wrote:Annnnnnd this morning .............it works!!!  I was all ready to dive into the guts of the door and its as if nothing had happened.     One question though. Is it onetouch on drivers side down only and nothing else?

I too have had the odd "glitch " that has miraculously cured itself...The Wind certainly is an entertaining car to own and drive !!
Fingers crossed for no return of your window issues..!!
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down