Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

various issues!

4 posters

Go down

various issues! Empty various issues!

Post by jmee54 Sun 15 Mar 2020 - 18:57

My wind has been neglected due to the weather in West Cornwall and the state of the roads. Routine maintenance has not happened in the last six months and sorting issues has been put aside till the sun comes out!

Issue number 1, rattles. I have some quite loud rattles that I can't seem to locate the source of. They seem to come from the front some time and the back at others, but I am not really sure. I have driven with the roof down and they seem to go away, but I am not sure if wind noise masks them. I suspect the roof, but have not ruled out the exhaust.I don't think it is the suspension.

Issue 2 & 3. The NS windscreen pillar cover vibrates, as does the rear window cover. How do I remove them so that I can shut them up?

Issue 4. My fuel consumption seem to have dropped. According to the dash I now only get 35mpg. It was around the 40 mark, which in itself is rubbish for a 1.2 litre car. Is there a way I can improve this?

The dreaded window not raising all the way up. I can fix this due to the good people on here, but it seems to be a recurring fault - 3 times in the last month. The window seems to be a bit slow raising, could this be causing it. Why would it slow?

Those are the main annoyances. Any ideas or fixes much appreciated.

jmee54
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

various issues! Empty Re: various issues!

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 8:13

Hi jmee54
I too have the bodywork rattles/creaks and knocks when driving along....these mysteriously disappear when the roof is open though, but seem to come from underneath the car somewhere....but can't locate where.
My wife had a Wind from new back in 2010...that was the same, and I test drove 2 before buying mine 5 months ago, and they both did it.
I was wondering if its body flex caused by the boot being braced by those stiffening bars, but the front end not being so rigid ?.....apart from that, no other strange noises from mine yet 🤞
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Timtnx Tue 17 Mar 2020 - 17:47

The window issue may be to do with opening the doors. Sounds silly but you must not open or shut the doors while the roof is part way through a cycle this wipes the memory of where the window should be in relation to the roof and hence the reset is needed.
Timtnx
Timtnx
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by jmee54 Wed 18 Mar 2020 - 9:11

Thanks. I am not sure if I tried to open the doors when the roof was part way - I don't think I did.

I have only recently opened my roof for the first time this year (it is wet wet wet in West Cornwall) and I had a problem with that too. It opened ok but wouldn't finish its cycle. That is, everything seemed to work ok but the dash said it was still opening and sounded the alarm and STOP light.
It also did the same when closing. Eventually, I got it to reset, but I don't know what did it!

Is there a switch somewhere that might be sticking. Could it be something to do with the rattle I have? Could something not be seating correctly?

jmee54
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Wed 18 Mar 2020 - 12:15

jmee54 wrote:Thanks. I am not sure if I tried to open the doors when the roof was part way - I don't think I did.

I have only recently opened my roof for the first time this year (it is wet wet wet in West Cornwall) and I had a problem with that too. It opened ok but wouldn't finish its cycle. That is, everything seemed to work ok but the dash said it was still opening and sounded the alarm and STOP light.
It also did the same when closing. Eventually, I got it to reset, but I don't know what did it!

Is there a switch somewhere that might be sticking. Could it be something to do with the rattle I have? Could something not be seating correctly?
that sounds just like mine.  it was dirt in the hinges at tge back of the open lid. the noises may clear if you put grease in tge locks above the windscreen.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

various issues! Empty Rear parking sensors.

Post by jmee54 Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 13:28

When I engage reverse my sensors beep even if there is nothing behind me. Any ideas why?

jmee54
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 13:58

Do you know if they were factory fitted or a later add on.  Mine do that and often it is just the sensor is dirty. (Mine were fitted as a later add on)
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 18:09

Barbs.....surely Blue Boy never gets dirty enough to have mucky sensors !!!! 😂
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 10:26

'Old'SeaDog wrote:Barbs.....surely Blue Boy never gets dirty enough to have mucky sensors !!!! 😂
he does get dirty but  a splash of water and he is all clean again. Might be a job for Friday it's meant to warm up a bit then.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down