Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

drivers window drops much when open door

+2
Barbs
jairo1982
6 posters

Go down

drivers window drops much when open door Empty drivers window drops much when open door

Post by jairo1982 Sat 3 Jul 2021 - 20:49

when opening the drivers door (only) the drivers door drops about 5cm and when you close the door it doesnt go up

Passenger door drops (1cm as normal then goes upas normal when you close the door)

ive also noticed when you open the drivers door and keep pulling the outside door handle the window keeps dropping and doesn't even try to go up when you close the drivers door

quite annoying as when its raining i have To go out via the passenger side unless i want a gap in the door on drivers side.

any ideas what it could be???

ive tried changing the drivers window regulator & temec unit (still the same)

jairo1982
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

drivers window drops much when open door Empty Re: drivers window drops much when open door

Post by Barbs Sat 3 Jul 2021 - 22:05

A Window reset is to close the door drop the window hold down for abount 10 seconds then open and close the window again.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

bigjase1972, 'Old'SeaDog and libs like this post

Back to top Go down

drivers window drops much when open door Empty Re: drivers window drops much when open door

Post by jairo1982 Sat 3 Jul 2021 - 22:18

tied that mate before i went down the window regulator change and it did nothing

jairo1982
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 4 Jul 2021 - 17:00

Disconnecting the battery can sometime sort problem make sure the window is down then reconnect the battery but make sure when you put the window back that the door is fully closed otherwise the system doesn't know where it should stop.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

bigjase1972 and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sun 4 Jul 2021 - 17:51

Also once disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes to reset the system, try putting the roof through its full open and close to help with the windows reset. 😊👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Barbs and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by libs Mon 15 Nov 2021 - 23:08

Barbs wrote:A Window reset is to close the door drop the window hold down for abount 10 seconds then open and close the window again.
 Thanks for this Barbs! Saved me today Smile

libs
Started the engine

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Thu 18 Nov 2021 - 19:15

jairo1982 wrote:when opening the drivers door (only) the drivers door drops about 5cm and when you close the door it doesnt go up

Passenger door drops (1cm as normal then goes upas normal when you close the door)

ive also noticed when you open the drivers door and keep pulling the outside door handle the window keeps dropping and doesn't even try to go up when you close the drivers door

quite annoying as when its raining i have To go out via the passenger side unless i want a gap in the door on drivers side.

any ideas what it could be???

ive tried changing the drivers window regulator & temec unit (still the same)
I have had this happen on both doors now but a relatively easy fix if you are handy with some tools. You will probably notice the interior light will not come on when you open the faulty door as well as the window not dropping. The fault is in the door latch mechanism inside the door. It has a micro-switch inside it operated by the latch. This micro-switch sticks in so the car doesn't know you have opened the door. Hence why it only effects one side. The mechanism can be changed quite easily after removing the inner trim panel. Get a door lock mechanism off Ebay. I found the ones from a Mk2 Twingo were much cheaper than the Wind ones and are exactly the same. Make sure you get the right side as the left and right are different. 

Picture of lock mechanism below. Hope this helps.drivers window drops much when open door Renaul15

Andy
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

bigjase1972, 'Old'SeaDog and libs like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Thu 18 Nov 2021 - 19:18

Ignore my reply. I miss read your post and thought the window wasn't dropping when you opened it. This only fixes the window not dropping when ypou open the door....
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew W Tue 25 Jan 2022 - 21:31

Barbs wrote:A Window reset is to close the door drop the window hold down for abount 10 seconds then open and close the window again.
Evening Barbs,

I had the exact same problem this week, albeit on the passenger side, and was resigned to an expensive trip to the garage until I saw your post. It's worked a treat..

Very Happy

Thank you!

A.
Andrew W
Andrew W
Started the engine

Barbs, Andyk and libs like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down