Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Intermitant passenger window not dropping

3 posters

Go down

Intermitant passenger window not dropping Empty Intermitant passenger window not dropping

Post by Andyk Wed 7 Oct 2020 - 22:36

I have a slight issue with the passenger window not dropping intermittently when you open the door. I have put this down to the switch in the lock mechanism. When the window doesn't drop the interior light also doesn't come on (when the window does drop the light does comes on). I looked on Ebay and the cheapest used Wind door lock was £40.00. After a bit of digging around I managed to confirm the lock is the same part number as a Twingo door lock. I managed to negotiate a Twingo one for £18.00 including postage. I will update this when I have fitted the lock, fingers crossed.

Andy
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Intermitant passenger window not dropping Empty Re: Intermitant passenger window not dropping

Post by Andyk Fri 9 Oct 2020 - 16:58

Andyk wrote:I have a slight issue with the passenger window not dropping intermittently when you open the door. I have put this down to the switch in the lock mechanism. When the window doesn't drop the interior light also doesn't come on (when the window does drop the light does comes on). I looked on Ebay and the cheapest used Wind door lock was £40.00. After a bit of digging around I managed to confirm the lock is the same part number as a Twingo door lock. I managed to negotiate a Twingo one for £18.00 including postage. I will update this when I have fitted the lock, fingers crossed.

Andy
Replacement (used) passenger door lock mechanism arrived today. I can confirm the Twingo and Wind door lock mechanisms are identical. Fitted in around 30 minutes and window now drops every time the door is opened. Hopefully this info is of use to somebody at some time.

Andy
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and Timtnx like this post

Back to top Go down

Intermitant passenger window not dropping Empty Re: Intermitant passenger window not dropping

Post by knebby Thu 15 Oct 2020 - 21:58

Interior light comes on when the window drops? Not come across that before....
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Fri 16 Oct 2020 - 9:28

knebby wrote:Interior light comes on when the window drops? Not come across that before....
That would seem logical for the interior light to come on when one opens the door.

Interior light & window drop must both be somehow linked to door opening.

More electrics to potentially go wrong!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Sat 17 Oct 2020 - 9:27

pittstop wrote:
knebby wrote:Interior light comes on when the window drops? Not come across that before....
That would seem logical for the interior light to come on when one opens the door.

Interior light & window drop must both be somehow linked to door opening.

More electrics to potentially go wrong!!
Having just changed mine I can confirm there is one switch in each side's door lock mechanism. This operates both the interior light and the window dropping or raising when the door is opened/closed. You can test this yourself using a large screwdriver to push the mechanism closed (as the door latch would do when it closes) and then open it with the handle. The light should go off (after a delay) and the window raise, then the light come on and window drop when the lock is opened. I had an intermittent issue with the window not dropping on the passenger side (and the interior light not coming on). You have to change the whole lock mechanism as it is a sealed until but fixed it straight away.
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down