Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Bulb astray!

+2
Barbs
jmee54
6 posters

Go down

Bulb astray! Empty Bulb astray!

Post by jmee54 Sun 25 Aug 2019 - 15:41

Hi all, In my infinite wisdom I decided to change my side lights to leds. This I did some months ago, but one bulb wasn't as bright as the other. Today I thought I'd investigate and see if perhaps it was the wrong way round or just duff. I was using a pair of long nosed pliers to wriggle the bulb holder out and it came but left the bulb behind. I went to grab the bulb and it slipped int the headlight and now sits there like a goldfish in a bowl. The only way I can see of getting it out is to remove the headlight or the front lens, which seems to have clips around the edge. It looks like it will be a bit of a pig to remove and I wish I had left well alone. Has anyone removed a headlight and can give me any advice/tips?

jmee54
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Bulb astray! Empty Re: Bulb astray!

Post by Barbs Sun 25 Aug 2019 - 16:04

I had headlights replaced but not sure the lens comes of at all.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sun 25 Aug 2019 - 16:17

Haven't removed a headlight but; when upgrading my headlights I dropped a headlight bulb into the headlight unit.

I just got lazy & bought another bulb!!!

It's doing no harm where it is.

Last edited by pittstop on Sun 25 Aug 2019 - 16:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sun 25 Aug 2019 - 17:28

If it’s like the Twingo, which it is based on, I think the bumper has to come off to remove the headlights believe it or not!😩
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmee54 Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 14:01

I still haven't tried to retrieve my errant side light bulb nor investigated my squawking horn.
The bulb is sitting right at the front of the headlight and annoys me every time I see it.

Has anyone had the front off their Wind and can tell me how easy a job it is and how long it takes?

Having a weather window down here in Cornwall is a problem, but I feel the urge to sort the little bugger out!

jmee54
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydogblue Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 16:30

Hi there is one bolt holding the headlight on that can only be reached with the bumper out of the way but you only need to remove the bumper on one side and move it out of the way. I took one of my headlights off last year as it was full of water and it took about 60 minutes in total. You will have to remove a few screws on the top of the bumper under the bonnet, a few on the bottom of the bumper and a few difficult ones in the wheel arch. The ones in the wheel arch were difficult because I removed them without taking off the plastic inner arch. You will then be able to move the bumper out of the way enough to remove the headlight.

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 17:04

Like I said, it’s exactly the same as the Twingo. Lots of Twingo owners have said once you have done it, don’t put the side bolt back in so as next time you need the light out, you don’t have to take the bumper off!😉
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeney Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 21:50

Has anyone tried changing the dipped light bulb .!!!!!!

Sweeney
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 18:52

Have changed both dipped bulbs & main beam bulbs.

Very fiddly but patience & some cussing got the job done.

As you will see from my earlier post all did not go well when I dropped one of the bulbs into the headlight unit but I took the philosophical option of leaving it there & buying another bulb!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Thu 12 Dec 2019 - 11:52

Unlike JMEE54's stuation my "lost" bulb cannot be seen as it has dropped into the space behind the reflector so no action is the order of the day.

Did you ever recover yours?
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by jmee54 Mon 17 Feb 2020 - 19:01

I managed to retrieve my bulb without any bumper removal! In my shed, I had one of those cheapo long flexible grabber tools - like the things that pick up teddy bears and the like in amusement parks. I found it quite easy to maneuver it and grab the bulb, which was right at the front of the headlight. The more tricky bit was then placing the bulb so I could pick it up end on. It took me a few goes to get it right and then a few more before I could ease it through the bulb mounting hole. The sense of satisfaction was immense! Job done.

jmee54
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down