Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

2010 MODEL WITH KNACKERED RADIO HEAD UNIT

3 posters

Go down

2010 MODEL WITH KNACKERED RADIO HEAD UNIT Empty 2010 MODEL WITH KNACKERED RADIO HEAD UNIT

Post by Richie08 Tue 27 Nov 2018 - 15:02

Hi

Can you help. I have found that my radio head unit is knackered. I need to replace and not sure of compatible units that can be use with the current steering controls. Had a quote to replace and fit a new radio, but advise this would need new steering controls added and a new cover for the radio.  £450. they want to change the aerial too ???

any help would be appreciated
thanks

Richie

Richie08
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

2010 MODEL WITH KNACKERED RADIO HEAD UNIT Empty Re: 2010 MODEL WITH KNACKERED RADIO HEAD UNIT

Post by Mistydogblue Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 0:20

Hi richie. It depends whether you want to replace with the same headunit or an off the shelf one. The easiest option is a renault replacement. The wind and twingo use the same headunit and there are plenty on ebay for around £75. If you go for a different radio you would need other bits and pieces such as the facia adaptor, a steering wheel interface adaptor and an aerial fakra to din adaptor. You certainly wouldnt need new steering controls or a new aerial.

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

2010 MODEL WITH KNACKERED RADIO HEAD UNIT Empty Re: 2010 MODEL WITH KNACKERED RADIO HEAD UNIT

Post by knebby Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 21:49

Can’t help with any advice I’m afraid but I’m interested to know what the problem is. I’ve done loads of miles in two Winds and never had a problem so far.
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Richie08 Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 17:25

Thanks for the advice. Went with a Twingo radio unit. Original unit had internal issues that was deemed cheaper to get another radio. Thanks.

Richie08
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down