Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Wind sun visor help please

4 posters

Go down

Wind sun visor help please Empty Wind sun visor help please

Post by Fastsandy Fri 4 May 2018 - 1:33

Dear all,
Please help, I'm the recent owner of a Renault Wind and on the whole I love but the drivers sun visor is broken and hangs down 10mm or so.
It also seems so stiff to fold down I dare not try to force it as it seems like it will break at any time. Believe all this is a common fault.
So my question is has anyone removed these sun visors (seems like full trim from top of window needs to be removed) and fixed this problem??
And if so how is the best way to remove said plastic trim without breaking all the lugs off and what does it entail to fix this.
Any help welcome!!!
Sandy

Fastsandy
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Wind sun visor help please Empty Re: Wind sun visor help please

Post by knebby Sat 5 May 2018 - 7:49

Hi Sandy, welcome to the Forum.

I’ve had two Winds but not had this problem. It has been raised before though (see previous Technical posts) and it does seem that the interior trim has to come off to get to the fittings.

Blu-tac?
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex1197 Sat 26 May 2018 - 16:33

I gave up on my passenger one as too much trim has to come off and i think if a clip breaks you will need the whole trim which is not cheap.

Alex1197
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit197 Wed 30 May 2018 - 9:10

I have the issue on my passanger side visor. I found that I could just get a finger between the trim and the windscreen and feel that a metal rolled pin wored loose. Much awkward manouvering later I pushed it back into place, but it works loose again very quickly whenthe visor is used. Pin is very uncomfortable to push against with your bare finger, but no room to get a tool in.

Not such a big issue for me as I don't carry passengers that often, 90% of my mileage is commuting. Drivers side would be more awkward, and the trim seems tighter there, I can't get my fingers in.

I'd love to hear of a definite way to remove trim without damage so I can investigate further and fix this.
Bandit197
Bandit197
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down