Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Wind Wiring Diagram

+5
Araf
Barbs
ElNumbre
KatanaAl
Sandancer
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wind Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Empty Re: Wind Wiring Diagram

Post by pittstop Sun 24 Sep 2017 - 9:54

Sandancer,

Well done for getting in without damaging anything.

Yes: My theory was also that if ignition is off & sidelights switched on then only one lead should be live at 12v. What you have found is very confusing & I suspect your explanation is the right one.

Too much technology.

I was watching a programme on Sky FI recently: Legends of Formula !) I swear I actual saw carburettors on a Grand Prix car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy memories of playing with the twin SUs & Strombergs on my MGs & Triumphs to get them balanced.

I feel OLD!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Sun 24 Sep 2017 - 18:23

Sounds like for the lower voltages, you've found the canbus signal wires - IIRC, Canbus is usually 5 or 3.3v when pulled high. Not sure what Renault uses.

ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sun 24 Sep 2017 - 20:45

Just been out to the car to test this & have cottoned on to the fact that the info displays change intensity when one switches on the lights so dash lights must be linked to some sort of voltage regulator/changer (Don't know the technical term for this) which explains the various voltages found on test.

Had no idea what CAN bus is so looked it up:

"A Controller Area Network (CAN bus) is a robust vehicle bus standard designed to allow micro controllers and devices to communicate with each other in applications without a host computer. It is a message-based protocol, designed originally for multiplex electrical wiring within automobiles to save on copper, but is also used in many other contexts."

Not sure I'm any the wiser having read this but I realise it's all out of my technical league.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by bry2001 Sun 7 Mar 2021 - 15:27

Wind Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Img_2011
Wind Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Img_2010
pittstop wrote:Renault Customer Service have delivered the goods & I've been sent a zipped file containing many wiring diagrams plus component lists etc.

At present it is frying my brain just unzipping & arranging in my files in some form of logical order!

What seems to happen is that you look up your diagram & then compare the numbers shown for each piece of equipment on the diagram with the numbers on the List of Components to find our what they are. There are also many other lists of connections & other things.

With me so far. I don't think I am!

As far as I can see the only way to share these with others will be via e-mail.

For security reasons I would suggest that anyone wanting a copy of the mail from Renault sets up a disposable e-mail address & puts it on this thread so I can then forward it to you. You can then dispose of that mail address as you please.

That way we can all look at the diagrams & maybe come to a consensus as to which wire to tap into re ignition linked sources & dash light feeds etc.

Going to chill out now & maybe have a really good look tomorrow.
Hi Pittstop - I've just bought a gorgeous 1.6 Gordini but it lacks Bluetooth so I'm trying to retrofit an authentic Renault Bluetooth radio head unit, HD screen, USB/headphone jack aux input and stalk control. I've also got a massive part of the wiring loom/harness that goes under the dashboard - if you've still got the wiring diagram email, it would definitely help me untangle the wires I've got and help me trace routes before I do anything on the car. Also you posted an exploded diagram of the dashboard - where did you get hold of this - I suspect it may well be worth a study before I attempt to remove any trim etc. Many thanks  Very Happy

bry2001
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno.0 Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 1:48

Hope that goes well for you.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 10:25

Bry,

Only way I can see of letting you view the Wiring Diagrams & Diagnostics that Renault sent me is to download on to a disc & pop in the post to you. Are you interested? Let me know.

The exploded diagram of the dashboard comes from my "unofficial" copy of Dialogys: Renault's own period maintenance & parts system; which I have loaded on my Desktop PC. It runs as a virtual Windows XP Pro system within my Windows 10 environment & is not the easiest or most reliable bit of software to use.

Last edited by pittstop on Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 10:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by bry2001 Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 9:51

Thanks for getting back to me Pittstop Smile
That's a very kind offer on the wiring diagram - one I'll certainly take you up on. I'm happy to pay any costs involved. The wiring loom is......a challenge! And anything that helps me de-code it will def be much appreciated! I'll PM you with my address etc.

If you happen to find a similar exploded diagram for the roof switch are where the aux in is - please feel free to post! I understand all Renault's software etc is tricky and that there's not much support available from Renault for the Wind.
Thanks again!  Smile

bry2001
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by bry2001 Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 9:53

bry2001 wrote:Thanks for getting back to me Pittstop Smile
That's a very kind offer on the wiring diagram - one I'll certainly take you up on. I'm happy to pay any costs involved. The wiring loom is......a challenge! And anything that helps me de-code it will def be much appreciated! I'll PM you with my address etc.

If you happen to find a similar exploded diagram for the roof switch are where the aux in is - please feel free to post! I understand all Renault's software etc is tricky and that there's not much support available from Renault for the Wind.
Thanks again!  Smile
Oops! The forum says I canonly PM after 5 posts - sorry for the following duplicates!

bry2001
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by bry2001 Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 9:53

As above

bry2001
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by bry2001 Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 9:54

And again  lol!

bry2001
Started the engine

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 13:26

bry2001 wrote:And again  lol!
It's ok we forgive you.

It is just a precaution to stop newbies from hijacking the forum.

Wind Wiring Diagram - Page 2 906617806
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

bry2001 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 14:16

bry2001 wrote:And again  lol!
Hi,

Popped disc in the post today. Negligible cost so no worries there.

Rather you than me with your project. 

Although over the years I tackled a wide range of maintenance & repairs myself on a wide variety of cars: electrics was my least favourite area particularly on more modern; by my standards; cars such as the Wind. 

I go back to the days of setting up twin carbs by ear & manually setting ignition timing on distributors to allow for wear rather than replacing items!!

If there is anything I can see on Dialogys re roof switch I'll post it.

Pittstop.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and bry2001 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bry2001 Sat 13 Mar 2021 - 10:14

Thanks so much Pittstop - the CD arrived yesterday - as you say the wiring diagrams are hard to follow but I've been able to work some bits out.

The diagnostic notes are brilliant! And have solved the problem of how I can install the USB/Phono jack aux-input. 

Progress so far: I have installed the HD screen and Bluetooth radio - it all seems to work fine....but need to install the microphone - as so far I can only hear phone calls in and dial out - but no-one can hear me!  lol!
I'll write up a full "how to" with pics once it's all done.

Thanks again  Smile

bry2001
Started the engine

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sat 13 Mar 2021 - 10:43

Glad they were of use.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Wind Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Empty Renault Wind 2010 wiring diagram

Post by rivona1234 Wed 29 Nov 2023 - 17:18

Please help! Just failed my MOT because my hazards are not working. No one can figure it out, in need of the wiring diagram please!! Where can I get the wiring diagram from?.

Thank you!

rivona1234
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by rivona1234 Wed 29 Nov 2023 - 17:54

bry2001 wrote:Wind Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Img_2011
Wind Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Img_2010
pittstop wrote:Renault Customer Service have delivered the goods & I've been sent a zipped file containing many wiring diagrams plus component lists etc.

At present it is frying my brain just unzipping & arranging in my files in some form of logical order!

What seems to happen is that you look up your diagram & then compare the numbers shown for each piece of equipment on the diagram with the numbers on the List of Components to find our what they are. There are also many other lists of connections & other things.

With me so far. I don't think I am!

As far as I can see the only way to share these with others will be via e-mail.

For security reasons I would suggest that anyone wanting a copy of the mail from Renault sets up a disposable e-mail address & puts it on this thread so I can then forward it to you. You can then dispose of that mail address as you please.

That way we can all look at the diagrams & maybe come to a consensus as to which wire to tap into re ignition linked sources & dash light feeds etc.

Going to chill out now & maybe have a really good look tomorrow.
Hi Pittstop - I've just bought a gorgeous 1.6 Gordini but it lacks Bluetooth so I'm trying to retrofit an authentic Renault Bluetooth radio head unit, HD screen, USB/headphone jack aux input and stalk control. I've also got a massive part of the wiring loom/harness that goes under the dashboard - if you've still got the wiring diagram email, it would definitely help me untangle the wires I've got and help me trace routes before I do anything on the car. Also you posted an exploded diagram of the dashboard - where did you get hold of this - I suspect it may well be worth a study before I attempt to remove any trim etc. Many thanks  Very Happy

Hi pittstop! Thank you so much for your offer of the wiring diagram, is it possible to email it me please? That would be appreciated and amazing. 🤓

rivona1234
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2