Wind Wiring Diagram

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wind Wiring Diagram

Post by pittstop on Sun 24 Sep 2017 - 9:54

Sandancer,

Well done for getting in without damaging anything.

Yes: My theory was also that if ignition is off & sidelights switched on then only one lead should be live at 12v. What you have found is very confusing & I suspect your explanation is the right one.

Too much technology.

I was watching a programme on Sky FI recently: Legends of Formula !) I swear I actual saw carburettors on a Grand Prix car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy memories of playing with the twin SUs & Strombergs on my MGs & Triumphs to get them balanced.

I feel OLD!!
pittstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre on Sun 24 Sep 2017 - 18:23

Sounds like for the lower voltages, you've found the canbus signal wires - IIRC, Canbus is usually 5 or 3.3v when pulled high. Not sure what Renault uses.

View user profile http://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop on Sun 24 Sep 2017 - 20:45

Just been out to the car to test this & have cottoned on to the fact that the info displays change intensity when one switches on the lights so dash lights must be linked to some sort of voltage regulator/changer (Don't know the technical term for this) which explains the various voltages found on test.

Had no idea what CAN bus is so looked it up:

"A Controller Area Network (CAN bus) is a robust vehicle bus standard designed to allow micro controllers and devices to communicate with each other in applications without a host computer. It is a message-based protocol, designed originally for multiplex electrical wiring within automobiles to save on copper, but is also used in many other contexts."

Not sure I'm any the wiser having read this but I realise it's all out of my technical league.
pittstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top