Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Location of Car Sensors

2 posters

Go down

Location of Car Sensors Empty Location of Car Sensors

Post by Andy Hoff Remfrey Sun 2 Jan 2022 - 18:50

Hi,
Can anyone please tell me the location of the door and boot sensors and what do they look like, I am trying to trace a alarm fault before I replace the Alarm Unit in the boot?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated!
Cheers
Andy

Andy Hoff Remfrey
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Location of Car Sensors Empty Re: Location of Car Sensors

Post by Andyk Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 10:41

Andy Hoff Remfrey wrote:Hi,
Can anyone please tell me the location of the door and boot sensors and what do they look like, I am trying to trace a alarm fault before I replace the Alarm Unit in the boot?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated!
Cheers
Andy
The sensors are built into the lock mechanisms for the doors and boot. (Micro-switches inside the mechanisms).

You should be able to test if these are working correctly by the operation of the interior light. Set it to auto and open close the doors and boot to see if it goes on and off when opening closing the doors and boot. Remember there is a bit of a delay in the interior light going out. Hope you get it sorted.

Andy
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Barbs, 'Old'SeaDog and libs like this post

Back to top Go down