Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Switch to dip headlight beam location

4 posters

Go down

Switch to dip headlight beam location Empty Switch to dip headlight beam location

Post by LukeC Sun 24 May 2015 - 21:47

Does anyone know where this switch is located (if existent) had a quick look and couldn't see it?

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Switch to dip headlight beam location Empty Re: Switch to dip headlight beam location

Post by Araf Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:11

What do you mean?

With the headlights on, they are dipped. Pull the left stalk towards you for main beam, and pull it towards you again to go back on dipped.

If you only want the sidelights only, the end of the left stalk twists.

For the record, the next part of the stalk also twists. Up (I think) for front fogs, up again to turn them off. Down for rear fogs, down again to turn them off.
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Switch to dip headlight beam location Empty Re: Switch to dip headlight beam location

Post by LukeC Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:16

In the twingo I had a switch to change the height of the beam that went 0-4 seems odd I couldn't see one.

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:21

With you now. Officially it's needed for towing, and as the Wind is not type approved for towing, there's no need. I guess you found the traction control switch, while you were hunting. Smile
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Mon 25 May 2015 - 14:59

Anybody else think the beam of the headlights is actually set too low?
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 25 May 2015 - 15:31

I thought it was just me. I don't drive much on unlit roads but when I do I am forever switching to full beam just to see a bit further down the road
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeC Mon 25 May 2015 - 15:43

Have any of you folks changed the bulbs over? I have osram night breakers in there and have no problems, I was just looking for it out of interest.

Thanks Araf!

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 25 May 2015 - 15:58

I haven't but was thinking about changing them just didn't know how much difference it would make
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeC Mon 25 May 2015 - 16:08

The standard bulbs in both my Renaults were awful, couldn't see any further than a metre ahead the reviews speak for themselves.

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Mon 25 May 2015 - 16:19

I've got some more powerful bulbs in from Halfords. Cant remember what they were but supposedly 85% brighter but don't seem to make a huge difference. I think the beam is just too low, not necessarily not bright enough.
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Mon 25 May 2015 - 20:17

If you think it's too low, adjust it up. That would be the same for all cars, as towing adjusters just move them down further.

My problem with brighter lights, is that if everyone uses them, you're back to square 1. And yes Barbs, the idea is that you use main beam, when nothing is coming towards you, and dip your lights for them to pass.
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 25 May 2015 - 20:39

Araf wrote:If you think it's too low, adjust it up.  That would be the same for all cars, as towing adjusters just move them down further.

My problem with brighter lights, is that if everyone uses them, you're back to square 1.  And yes Barbs, the idea is that you use main beam, when nothing is coming towards you, and dip your lights for them to pass.

I do that but sometimes it feels like I am the only one dipping headlights....
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Mon 25 May 2015 - 21:07

That's because there are too many selfish people who only think of themselves, and put illegal strength bulbs (over 100w) in their headlamps, dazzling all oncoming traffic. If you do likewise, they will just move to 140w or even 200w bulbs.
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeC Mon 25 May 2015 - 21:10

Or fit xenon lights without the proper projectors that's one of my pet peeves, I doubt they can even see Infront of them

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Mon 25 May 2015 - 21:32

Very true. Evil or Very Mad
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 20:09

New lamps bought for dipped headlights. Have looked at the details in the manual posted by Mkstevo. If anyone has changed them please tell me its easy. Last time I changed a light bulb in a car it was a Triumph Dolomite now that was easy....
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 20:22

Laughing

Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeC Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 21:38

They should be held in place by a hinge lift the hinge off and pull the connectors off then take the bulb out and stick your new one in.

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down