Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

E10 fuel and other things

3 posters

Go down

E10 fuel and other things Empty E10 fuel and other things

Post by renton beersworth Fri 29 Oct 2021 - 19:35

First post for a while, hope all our readers are well.  Been using the Wind regularly this summer just passed. Visits to Perth and Inverness went without fuss. No breakdowns or problems to report.  I have been using E10 fuel and found no difference to the running of the engine or MPG. I have read that the E10 fuel is more hygroscopic than E5.  I dont
use the car much over the winter so will use the super unleaded 97+ octane which is still E5 before parking up in the garage. I hope this avoids water to fuel absorbtion expected for E10 left for a prolonged time in the tank. R.B.

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

Barbs and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

E10 fuel and other things Empty Re: E10 fuel and other things

Post by Jim777 Thu 2 Dec 2021 - 16:02

Hi Renton, I have been holding off commenting on E10 until I have used if for a number of months, to see any effects.

I have a 1.2 Wind and it states to use RON95 which I have up until the change to the replacement E10. Unlike the 1.6 Wind where you can run on E5 or a combination of E5/E10, with the 1.2 I am just using E10 only.

I found my MPG has dropped by 3 MPG, I expected as much as the calorific value of E10 is lower than RON95. Acceleration and engine noise is just the same.

So thats the MPG down, with a double whammy of fuel going up in price every week, so overall car costs are higher. Grrh!

Did not know about water absorbsion if parked up for a while, better watch that one.

Jim777
Took the roof down

renton beersworth and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Thu 2 Dec 2021 - 16:42

Same here on my 1.2, slight loss of MPG, but pulling away when freezing cold, acceleration and engine noise are the same
As you say, the cost of fuel is going crazy with seemingly a price rise every week !!
The only consolation is that all the electric car drivers who were looking smug when the rest of us couldn't get any fuel.. will have to pay more for their electricity now too !!
Apologies to any electric car drivers who are also Wind runners !! 😊
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and renton beersworth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down