Fuel line!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fuel line!

Post by SL91 on Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 23:08

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone may have already asked this or not

I was checking the breaks yesterday and noticed you can see the fuel line from the wheel arch. To me it seems like it's loose and very exposed, I am unsure as to whether this is normal or not

Has anyone else noticed this before? I just want to know as if not then I will get it fixed back.

Thanks

SL91

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel line!

Post by knebby on Fri 14 Jul 2017 - 16:49

Sounds odd if not dangerous to me! Which wheel arch?
knebby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SL91 on Fri 14 Jul 2017 - 17:18

Rear drivers side, if you look through the wheel you can see it. I just wasn't sure if it was normal, I am renewing brake discs and pads soon so will get a proper look at it when I take the wheel off

SL91

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop on Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 8:02

Noticed this soon after I got the car.

Not sure if this is fuel line itself or the tank breather either way it does seem exposed to debris thrown up from the wheels.

Has anyone experienced a problem.

On the subject of tank breathing if the fuel gauge is much over half full the breather doesn't seem to work very well & the petrol pump keeps "clicking off" & won't let you fill the tank properly.

On our last trip to Spain I stopped en route for an end of the day  "splash & dash" knowing it should take at least 20 euros of petrol. It refused to take more than 5.50 euros worth. All very embarrassing at the till!

Is this "normal" or do I have a breather problem?
pittstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre on Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 23:15

I've not seen a partly full problem with refilling. Last weekend I refuelled on ~ 2/3s full and didn't have an issue.

A few days before though, I did plonk some Red-X in, and it did gurgle in a somewhat alarming fashion, but there were no leaks or spilliages, so don't know.

I have found on other cars that a bubble or something seems to form when its almost full. A quick bounce up and down of the suspension usually clears it to get the 'true' three clicks of fullness.

View user profile http://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top