Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Fuel line!

+2
knebby
SL91
6 posters

Go down

Fuel line!  Empty Fuel line!

Post by SL91 Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 23:08

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone may have already asked this or not

I was checking the breaks yesterday and noticed you can see the fuel line from the wheel arch. To me it seems like it's loose and very exposed, I am unsure as to whether this is normal or not

Has anyone else noticed this before? I just want to know as if not then I will get it fixed back.

Thanks

SL91
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Fuel line!  Empty Re: Fuel line!

Post by knebby Fri 14 Jul 2017 - 16:49

Sounds odd if not dangerous to me! Which wheel arch?
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by SL91 Fri 14 Jul 2017 - 17:18

Rear drivers side, if you look through the wheel you can see it. I just wasn't sure if it was normal, I am renewing brake discs and pads soon so will get a proper look at it when I take the wheel off

SL91
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 8:02

Noticed this soon after I got the car.

Not sure if this is fuel line itself or the tank breather either way it does seem exposed to debris thrown up from the wheels.

Has anyone experienced a problem.

On the subject of tank breathing if the fuel gauge is much over half full the breather doesn't seem to work very well & the petrol pump keeps "clicking off" & won't let you fill the tank properly.

On our last trip to Spain I stopped en route for an end of the day  "splash & dash" knowing it should take at least 20 euros of petrol. It refused to take more than 5.50 euros worth. All very embarrassing at the till!

Is this "normal" or do I have a breather problem?
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 23:15

I've not seen a partly full problem with refilling. Last weekend I refuelled on ~ 2/3s full and didn't have an issue.

A few days before though, I did plonk some Red-X in, and it did gurgle in a somewhat alarming fashion, but there were no leaks or spilliages, so don't know.

I have found on other cars that a bubble or something seems to form when its almost full. A quick bounce up and down of the suspension usually clears it to get the 'true' three clicks of fullness.

Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by phillipleighton Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 22:53

Iv started having issues filling my wind up takes forever petrol pump keeps clicking off managed to get nearly a full tank today but took twice to fill it

phillipleighton
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 8:14

Is ithere a particular garage? I get that at supermarket garage near me but fine elsewhere
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phillipleighton Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 8:22

Asda is the worst tried morrisons last night after only managing to get half a tank yesterday afternoon managed to get it to the 2nd last line on the fuel gauge before full and wassnt having any more just kept clicking probs could of got a few more quid in before full

phillipleighton
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 20:33

I would agree with ASDA pumps. They can be a bit temperamental. Except (and this is a top twip), there is an ASDA petrol station just off the M5 at J2, that charges normal prices, is easy to get in and out of, and their pumps seem pretty good. We always stop there when heading south.

Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down