Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Steering wheel controls and press buttons for radio stopped working

3 posters

Go down

Steering wheel controls and press buttons for  radio stopped working Empty Steering wheel controls and press buttons for radio stopped working

Post by mdw Wed 5 May 2021 - 16:40

Ever since I have owned it the steeing wheel controls sometimes stop working for the radio.   Only the rotary knobs on the radio itself work not the press buttons on the head unit either.     On closer inspection one of the buttons was slighlty depressed not popping back up therefore blocking other inputs.    So today I popped the radio out and it looked like a drink had been spilt over the buttons and a sticky substance was holding the  button down.     So I removed  the front panel  , gave it a  wash, dried it and put it back together and its back working. The little white + shaped plungers in the top picture were gummed up with sticky drink residue on a few buttons.    Nice easy repair and all work as they should now.

Steering wheel controls and press buttons for  radio stopped working Dsc_0512
Steering wheel controls and press buttons for  radio stopped working Dsc_0513
mdw
mdw
Took the roof down

Barbs, johntymac, bigjase1972 and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Steering wheel controls and press buttons for  radio stopped working Empty Re: Steering wheel controls and press buttons for radio stopped working

Post by Barbs Thu 6 May 2021 - 8:55

Good to know you got it sorted.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Steering wheel controls and press buttons for  radio stopped working Empty Re: Steering wheel controls and press buttons for radio stopped working

Post by Andyk Sat 8 May 2021 - 13:23

Well done. I used to be a service engineer and it was a common fault on keyboards with coke or tea/coffee with sugar in it getting spilt on them.

Andy
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down