Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Help with faulty alarm

5 posters

Go down

Help with faulty alarm  Empty Help with faulty alarm

Post by Foxyfoord Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 12:45

I'm having issues with my alarm. Anybody know the fix for the alarm going off for even though the car is unlocked. Started happening last winter then went away. I turned off the autolock when you're drivring feature and thought that had solved it but apparently not.Almost a year to the day it's started again. Seems to be triggered ( I think) after I have been in the boot and will go off when I open either door. I have to just ignore it and drive and it tends to stop after about 10 minutes of driving. Any thoughts?

Foxyfoord
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Help with faulty alarm  Empty Re: Help with faulty alarm

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 18:01

Foxyfoord wrote:I'm having issues with my alarm. Anybody know the fix for the alarm going off for even though the car is unlocked. Started happening last winter then went away. I turned off the autolock when you're drivring feature and thought that had solved it but apparently not.Almost a year to the day it's started again. Seems to be triggered ( I think) after I have been in the boot and will go off when I open either door. I have to just ignore it and drive and it tends to stop after about 10 minutes of driving. Any thoughts?

I too have had this randomly happen to me as well....it is really random, and has happened at all times of year..hot, cold, wet or dry. Disconnecting the battery doesn't cure it because it has it's own power supply..and as you say it usually stops after about 10 minutes of driving i(f no other option)..albeit with the hazards flashing. I'm tempted to just disconnect it to be honest..but then would I have to inform my insurance company of the loss of the alarm ?
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 9:43

Thought about whether removing fuse might re-set alarm system but a look at the drivers handbook makes no mention of the alarm in the list of fuses so must assume that; as with a number of other imported cars; the alarm is fitted post production & allocated a spare fuse on fitting.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 10:01

I’ve asked on The Renault Wind Owners Club Facebook page for you and a couple of people have said to check/replace the cars battery.
A slight drop in voltage can cause these symptoms.
Another member said it could be a faulty interior light switch causing the alarm to trigger. 🤔
Just a couple of ideas to try.
I’ll let you know if any other answers come through. 😊👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Barbs and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim777 Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 23:53

I have been looking at the alarm system, as I intend to run the led alarm light from the boot into the cabin, and I noticed there is also a bonnet alarm switch.

The bonnet alarm switch can be a problem on a lot of cars, and can go off as the plunger might just be on the verge of actuating if there is any slight movement of the bonnet. So check that out.

Jim777
Took the roof down

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down