Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

NEW TYRE BLUES

5 posters

Go down

NEW TYRE BLUES Empty NEW TYRE BLUES

Post by pittstop Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 16:42

Started the day with "Explosive Ignition" in our central heating boiler. Repair man coming tomorrow.

Then went to collect click & collect from Sainsburys & took a detour along the dual carriageway to warm up engine & put a bit of charge in the battery.

BAD DECISION!

In outside lane with no where to take evasive action when I saw something in my path. No idea what it was; it was only about the size of a coke can; but: BANG, tyre deflated, carried on to find somewhere safe to stop to discover a split in front tyre!

As tyre was already wrecked but still holding itself on the rim I drove home at 10mph much to everyone's annoyance.

Put on spare.

Wheel looks OK so took it to tyre place who told me that Avon no longer make the ZZ5 tyres I have on all 4 wheels so I'll have to have their latest alternative which they can't get until next week & will cost £90.

Later I went to pay the papers & had to go back as they had taken my payment & applied it to another customers account!

To add insult to injury my wife has just told me a bulb has blown in the dining room so that's the next job.

WHAT NEXT!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

NEW TYRE BLUES Empty Re: NEW TYRE BLUES

Post by Andyk Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 18:39

pittstop wrote:Started the day with "Explosive Ignition" in our central heating boiler. Repair man coming tomorrow.

Then went to collect click & collect from Sainsburys & took a detour along the dual carriageway to warm up engine & put a bit of charge in the battery.

BAD DECISION!

In outside lane with no where to take evasive action when I saw something in my path. No idea what it was; it was only about the size of a coke can; but: BANG, tyre deflated, carried on to find somewhere safe to stop to discover a split in front tyre!

As tyre was already wrecked but still holding itself on the rim I drove home at 10mph much to everyone's annoyance.

Put on spare.

Wheel looks OK so took it to tyre place who told me that Avon no longer make the ZZ5 tyres I have on all 4 wheels so I'll have to have their latest alternative which they can't get until next week & will cost £90.

Later I went to pay the papers & had to go back as they had taken my payment & applied it to another customers account!

To add insult to injury my wife has just told me a bulb has blown in the dining room so that's the next job.

WHAT NEXT!!
With your luck today I would leave the bulb until tomorrow, just in case...
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

MJK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sat 16 Jan 2021 - 13:48

Left the wheel & damaged tyre at tyre place & they will inspect wheel once they get the split tyre off.

Just hope I don't need a wheel.

Time will tell.

PS: Dining room light & boiler now fixed. Looking forward to a quiet day today.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sat 16 Jan 2021 - 15:25

Hopefully that is all your bad luck is over for this year.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Sat 16 Jan 2021 - 23:31

Barbs wrote:Hopefully that is all your bad luck is over for this year.

I'll second that Pittstop...
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Wed 20 Jan 2021 - 10:27

Believe it or not the bad luck is not quite over.

Yesterday I went to put the new tyre's wheel on & rotate the others to even out wear when my hydraulic trolley jack struggled to lift the car & then sank gently back to where it started from!!! Must be a degraded seal as it hasn't been used much lately.

Used the Wind's jack; far more hassle than a hydraulic one; to put the wheel on but postponed rotation until another day.

That's another £50 on a jack which Halfords have just advised they will deliver will today.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

johntymac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Wed 20 Jan 2021 - 14:51

Oh dear you are not having a good time. Fingers crossed this is the last problem. I'm trying to hang a door in the third bedroom. Problem after problem so I am giving up for today...... going to buy Gin it's essential. Lol
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

johntymac and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

NEW TYRE BLUES Empty Tyre goes down

Post by pineapple Sun 24 Jan 2021 - 20:14

On my wind, passenger side tyre keeps going down albeit very slow and over weeks as opposed to days. Have taken to get looked at once and told that wheel needed resealing. Has anyone else had this problem?

pineapple
Set the stereo

Huw (Barry The Renault) likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Mon 25 Jan 2021 - 10:25

The need to reseal does occur sometimes. Usually if the wheel rim wasn't cleaned up properly when the tyre was fitted

Tyre off; clean up wheel rim & tyre bead; plenty of sealant when replacing tyre.

While you are at it ask them to put in a new valve.

Should pnly cost a few quid.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Andyk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pineapple Mon 25 Jan 2021 - 10:56

Thank you 😊

pineapple
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Mon 25 Jan 2021 - 11:00

pittstop wrote:The need to reseal does occur sometimes. Usually if the wheel rim wasn't cleaned up properly when the tyre was fitted

Tyre off; clean up wheel rim & tyre bead; plenty of sealant when replacing tyre.

While you are at it ask them to put in a new valve.

Should pnly cost a few quid.
As Pittstop says it will just need the rim cleaning up. I have had to have this done on a few older cars. You get a little furring up on the aluminium rim that will need rubbing down to improve the seal. My local tyre guy charges about £12.00 per wheel including a new valve to do it on my drive.
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pineapple Mon 25 Jan 2021 - 14:46

Thank you 😊

pineapple
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content