Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Hey Wind forum :-)

+2
'Old'SeaDog
tomtom
6 posters

Go down

Hey Wind forum :-) Empty Hey Wind forum :-)

Post by tomtom Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 18:00

Hey, everyone.

I came across a Wind for the first time 2 weeks ago at a service station on the way to Wales (mount Snowden). What a fab looking motor. I ran over to see what kind of car it is. I have decided it is the car for me. It will be my second car. I drive a Nissan Cube at the moment.

After a lot of looking online I would love a red one or any colour with the tan seats. If you know of any for sale please let me know (07757594805) I can't see any online at the moment.

Also... can you get them chipped? Cool

tom x

tomtom
Started the engine

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hey Wind forum :-) Empty Re: Hey Wind forum :-)

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 18:32

Hi Tom
Excellent to hear that you've fallen for the best looking car model ever !!
An internet search should throw up quite a few contenders for sale...most of which will be low mileage and probably used as second cars....mine for example is a Dynamique S, 10 plate, 1.2 in black..with tan leather heated seats. I purchased it a year ago for £3400, with 24,000 miles on the clock, 2 owners and a good service history. So..good hunting and good luck.
Oh.....and welcome to the forum !!!
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 20:34

tomtom wrote:Hey, everyone.

I came across a Wind for the first time 2 weeks ago at a service station on the way to Wales (mount Snowden). What a fab looking motor. I ran over to see what kind of car it is. I have decided it is the car for me. It will be my second car. I drive a Nissan Cube at the moment.

After a lot of looking online I would love a red one or any colour with the tan seats. If you know of any for sale please let me know (07757594805) I can't see any online at the moment.

Also... can you get them chipped? Cool

tom x
You won't be disappointed. I bought one a couple of months ago and love it. I have had a few decent cars MX5, Tigra, 208 GTI, Volvo V60, Audi A6. I think I enjoy the Wind more than any of them.. Good luck and I hope you find the spe. you are looking for.

Andy
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 20:37

Welcome to the Forum. Hopefully you will find your new car. There is one advertised on the Facebook Group Renault Wind UK we work along side each other to capture Wind Owners. @Knebby has a Black Wind for sale.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 21:54

Welcome to the forum Tom and good luck with your searching. There is less than 30 for sale on Autotrader and none of them are red or have tan seats I’m afraid ....
In answer to other questions yes can be chipped, although easier with the 1.2 turbo engine

D
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 11:56

Yes: Chipping works better with the 1.2 Turbo as it has more untapped potential for development.

The 1.6 naturally aspirated Renault Sport 133 engine had been developed to the full by Renault by the time it was fitted into the Wind so little opportunity for "cheap" extra bhp. I did see a report of a 160bhp upgrade but it was a 4 figure sum involving change of some engine parts. The 1.6; as it is; responds well to plenty of revs as well as being flexible round town.

Here's the K Tec web site showing what they can do for the Twingo RS.  Whether all the exhaust mods would fit under the Wind I'm not sure.

The Twingo RS seems to be a popular track day car in Europe.

https://www.k-tecracing.com/news-story.asp?id=203

Hope you find a good one.

Last edited by pittstop on Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 13:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Andyk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down