Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Broken R/O/S spring

Go down

Broken R/O/S spring Empty Broken R/O/S spring

Post by renton beersworth Fri 24 Jul 2020 - 19:35

First time I have been logged on for a while, hope all our members are well and getting out and about again now that restrictions have been relaxed a little.
Just thought I would share with you that I have had to replace a rear spring. Strange thing is that I was unaware it was broken until I was getting a little help reversing out
of a tight parking space. The kind person assisting me said she heard a creaking noise coming from the area of the rear off side of the vehicle. I drove home a distance of about 6 miles and " got out and got under ". So there it was a broken spring .  Contacted my preferred garage who have done the job of replacing same. So £80 lighter in my wallet
But no more creaking noise.  So thats 3 jobs done this year, timing belt , brake discs and pads and a new spring.  I guess the first two are just on going maintenance the only
breakdown is the spring. Still enjoying driving the car , but for the first time in my life I have been effected by hay fever so not had the top down as often as I would have liked.
R.B.

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

Huw (Barry The Renault) likes this post

Back to top Go down