Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Original (Unofficial) Wind Forum

5 posters

Go down

Original (Unofficial) Wind Forum Empty Original (Unofficial) Wind Forum

Post by knebby Wed 1 Apr 2015 - 22:43

I can't find the thread from the other day regarding this but wanted to echo Barbs thanks to MKStevo for starting it up back in the day and getting us all together.

I don't know what's gone on over there but for my part I just found one day that I couldn't log on, then got a message that the site was unavailable due to maintenance until 22nd March, then that my password wasn't accepted and now I'm told I can't retrieve my password as my account is inactive. Having spent a few years on there I find it quite sad.
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Original (Unofficial) Wind Forum Empty Re: Original (Unofficial) Wind Forum

Post by skippy Wed 1 Apr 2015 - 23:24

Ditto, everyone is in the same boat. Reason this site was created so we can all keep in touch
skippy
skippy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Original (Unofficial) Wind Forum Empty Yes that

Post by CheekyWind Thu 2 Apr 2015 - 7:23

Happened to me all posts lost I assume. Still cannot get on. Someone's got the hump. I thought that forum was everyone's forum. We are a small group of car owners and should stick together if someone has issues why should the rest of the forum suffer?

Gazza
CheekyWind
CheekyWind
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by skippy Thu 2 Apr 2015 - 7:50

Yeah, I'm gutted that after all our hard work we made it into a great site, shame it happened to the old site
skippy
skippy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Thu 2 Apr 2015 - 11:20

We're all in the same boat.  At least we can take it as being nothing personal. Smile

There's a lot that could be said, but lets look to the future, rather than the past. Cool
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Original (Unofficial) Wind Forum Empty So sorry how it's turned out

Post by Mkstevo Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 11:13

Not for the first time, I shall apologise for the way things have gone. I blame myself for what seems to have been a poor choice of successor. I made my choice on their enthusiasm for the Wind and their enthusiasm for the Forum. It never crossed my mind that their enthusiasm for privacy would become so overwhelming.

In late 2013 - early 2014 I found myself working very long days in a job that I didn't enjoy. I was unable to find the time to even look at the Forum, let alone administrate it, so asked a couple of people on the site (quietly) if they would give a hand in the Admin duties. Both initially accepted but after a short while something went wrong with the login procedure and perhaps due to a misunderstanding in an email conversation over what caused the problems, one of the assistants requested to stand down. Leaving myself and one other person 'in charge'.

By March 2014 I'd handed in my notice at work as I got to the point where I wasn't sleeping at night, getting up for work at 4.45am, getting home from work at 6.30pm shattered, not sleeping, I spent the weekend trying desperately not to think of work but failing, being nearly sick with dread on Monday morning before starting all over again. After finishing work I spent a month unemployed looking for work before finding something much nearer home that meant no more 90 minute commuting across Lincolnshire's B roads early in the morning. Once settled into the new job, in August we decided to treat ourselves to an RCZ by way of compensation for the dreadful last few months. No longer owning a Wind, I thought that the keys to the Forum should be handed over fully to my assistant. From then on, what has happened has saddened me, but once you have sold and handed over the keys to your car to the new owner, you can't control how they drive it. If they end up in the dyke, it is their doing, not yours. All you can do is wave them off, and hope for the best. It seems as though the old Forum is heading for the dyke, in slow motion.

I was surprised when Sheila firstly got banned, then after a week or two, I was banned. A polite email was ignored. I don't know why. I don't know why I got no response from my polite email, I'd hoped it was a mistake but it seems not, especially as more former members turn up here, with very similar tales of woe. An enormous pity.

Sincere apologies again. Good luck with the new site, enjoy RHB and more importantly, enjoy your cars.

Mkstevo
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 11:23

What's happened can't be changed, so don't beat yourself up.

I really think that we should just move on. This site won't be any good for new members if those of us that were on the old site keep trawling up the past.
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Original (Unofficial) Wind Forum Empty Who is this person.......

Post by CheekyWind Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 20:48

That's causing these issues. Tell me I would like to know. Pm me!

Gazza

Ps it may help me understand.

CheekyWind
CheekyWind
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down