Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Welcome to the new and improved Renault forum

+2
D
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Welcome to the new and improved Renault forum Empty Welcome to the new and improved Renault forum

Post by Admin Sat 14 Mar 2015 - 15:38

Hello and welcome to the new and improved site for owners and fans of the renault wind, I hope you will enjoy the topics and discussions that the site offers and hopefully expand into a huge community of friendly peeps that enjoy our cars
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://renaultwind.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new and improved Renault forum Empty Re: Welcome to the new and improved Renault forum

Post by D Tue 5 May 2015 - 7:52

Hello everyone happy to have finally found and joined forum.
Have a blue UK 61plate GT Line

D
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new and improved Renault forum Empty Re: Welcome to the new and improved Renault forum

Post by Barbs Tue 5 May 2015 - 9:29

DarrenJ wrote:Hello everyone happy to have finally found and joined forum.
Have a blue UK 61plate GT Line

Hello and welcome nice to see a new face.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D Tue 5 May 2015 - 9:45

Thank you.
Expect I'll be posting a few queries and questions to make sure my Wind is being looked after properly

D

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Tue 5 May 2015 - 10:03

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I think that all of the cars are now out of warranty, so I'm guessing a lot more DIY fixes will be documented on here in the future.
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D Tue 5 May 2015 - 10:08

Yes I was fortunate to have ball joints replaced under warranty, otherwise been lucky so far but a service and MOT due in a few months so will see what that brings.
Already looking at option to repair or replace wheels as have kerb damage

D

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Tue 5 May 2015 - 11:12

The problem with the wheels is that they are wider than the tyres, so will always touch the kerb first. I switched to 15" wheels to stop this. The old Dynamique used to have 16" wheels, but the 17" on all other models are terrible - especially as they are diamond cut and lacquered.
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D Tue 5 May 2015 - 11:41

I have the 17" and got a quote of £75 per wheel for repair, assuming they weren't badly damaged. However considering option to change them to 15" would be cheaper in long run

D

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 5 May 2015 - 11:59

I got mine done at £35 per wheel but the lacquered finish is lifting off so will have to have them done again but not much in the way of kerb damage this time.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony1664 Tue 5 May 2015 - 21:20

Having paid to fully refeb my other halfs wheels I was less than popular when I touched curb with alloy the other day and now need to,breakout my dremel and autosol followed by clear coat to fix the new scrapes!
Anthony1664
Anthony1664
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blondie Tue 5 May 2015 - 22:11

Barbs wrote:I got mine done at £35 per wheel but the lacquered finish is lifting off so will have to have them done again but not much in the way of kerb damage this time.

You could always paint them all black. Wink
Princess Blondie
Princess Blondie
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Wed 6 May 2015 - 19:50

Thought about painting the blue .

@Darrenj what part of the Uk or for that matter if abroad, where are we likely to spot you?
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D Wed 6 May 2015 - 19:54

I like the thought of having a graphite colour

I used to be London on border with Kent but now Hampshire

D

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Wed 6 May 2015 - 19:57

A bit far for you to make a mini Wind meet in Kent week after next then lol
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D Wed 6 May 2015 - 20:27

Well Kent isn't that far and gives the Wind a good run, however I'm not free next weekend

D

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Wed 6 May 2015 - 21:37

Typical.... Lol
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 19 May 2015 - 8:55

DarrenJ wrote:Well Kent isn't that far and gives the Wind a good run, however I'm not free next weekend

Don't suppose you can make Wednesday? Worth asking....
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D Tue 19 May 2015 - 21:53

It's well worth asking however I'm in Newport on Wednesday unfortunately

D

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Wed 20 May 2015 - 8:28

DarrenJ wrote:It's well worth asking however I'm in Newport on Wednesday unfortunately

You get about a bit...

We have no members over there yet but maybe one day.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down