Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Renault Wind 2010

5 posters

Go down

Renault Wind 2010 Empty Renault Wind 2010

Post by Foxyfoord Sat 30 Mar 2024 - 13:01

Hi All. My Wind roof has got stuck mid opening and now I'm stuck with the roof open alarm when i drive it. It had only opened a tiny amount when I got the check roof message. I tried to open manually but the key only turns a little bit and now its stuck higher than it was and I can't get it down either. Luckily my actual roof still locks. I've also tried disconnecting the battery to reset process but that didn't work. I've never had an issue before. confused is the key supposed to keep turning until the roof is fully open or closed? Does anyone know? Because mine is only turning a small amount and i dont want to break anything. I'm now stuck with a partially open roof and of course no boot because that won't open because the roof isn't shut properly. I think it is stuck in the open part of the sequence but can't be sure. I've wd40 everything I can see. At this moment in time I just want to shut it so I can at least drive the car. Its obviously stuck somewhere because the car is still trying to open and close it. It look like something is preventing it to fully close because the catches are hitting something. Hope that makes sense..
I'm desperate to get this done ASAP as I have a boot full of stuff that I need for looking my sheep, boots, coat, waterproofs etc and of course not only it is a bank holiday but rain is forecast for rest of the week.

Foxyfoord
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Renault Wind 2010 Empty Re: Renault Wind 2010

Post by Barbs Sun 31 Mar 2024 - 15:04

Sorry to hear about your problem. I had a similar problem it was dirt in the runners at the back of lid. Garage blasted it out the greased everywhere that moved. 

The key should open or close the boot fully.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 17:23

It’s got to be down to lack of lubrication.
It needs all moving parts lubricating with silicone spray grease. NOT WD40!
Obviously make sure your engine is running and you are on a flat surface when trying to move the roof. 😊👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

marelro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by marelro Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 6:32

Could you solve your problem yet?
Unfortunately I have no idea but would be interested in the solution.
marelro
marelro
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by EADIEW Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 8:15

Like any moving parts and hinges, these need lubrication with the proper product, not merely a token spray of wd40 in a reactive manner, hoping that this will solve your problems until the next time. Look after your car properly and it will look after you.

EADIEW
Started the engine

bigjase1972 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down