Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

About to take the plunge…..

4 posters

Go down

About to take the plunge….. Empty About to take the plunge…..

Post by WindyMcWind Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 11:20

Hi guys, apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section (there’s a LOT of sections on here lol)

Looking to buy a wind this week, and could really do with some advice from people in the know…

Firstly, the roof (this gives me the most anxiety about the car): is it normal for the motor to “whine” when operating? Sort of like an electric window on a 90s car? Or is that the sound of it on its way out?

Is there anything to avoid when operating the roof? For example should all windows be fully open or fully shut before using it?

When it comes to the models…. I’m finding a lot of inconsistencies with what equipment they have as standard? It feels like the 1.6’s tend to have more extras (maybe the higher starting price made people more willing to throw in the extra £££?)… I know there’s Dynamic, GT, Collection etc… but just to add confusion within the same ranges some will have the leather seats, some not…. Some will have parking sensors…. Different alloys…. I even saw a Bose sound system in one? 

I know I can retro fit things like sensors but I’d sooner have them included, feels like just when I find one that ticks the boxes it’s missing an extra…. Or maybe I’m just fussy ha 

And final question….. cup holder? What do people do with their drinks? Are there aftermarket ones? I don’t want to go to all the effort of finding the right model in the right condition only to drill a £2.99 halfords bicycle drink cage to the dash lol and given the state of British roads the last time I tried holding a drive through coffee between my legs I hit a jolt or pothole and burnt my bollocks (not ideal Wink )

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and any responses really would be appreciated. It’s a rare car so there’s not an awful lot of user experiences out there to mull over Smile

WindyMcWind
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

About to take the plunge….. Empty Re: About to take the plunge…..

Post by bigjase1972 Wed 26 Jul 2023 - 22:07

The Dynamique is the base model, the Dynamique S had more toys. I think the GT Line took over from the Dynamique S. The options list made lots of different models have different levels of comfort.
If you are wanting all the toys, then a Collection is the one you are after.
Even rarer, but a numbered special edition so more collectible.
I don’t think any of the Winds had rear parking sensors as standard so most of them will be aftermarket ones unless they were available on the options list.
The Windows automatically go down before the roof opens and then you have to put them back up manually after the roof closes.
It does make a bit of a whining noise as it moves, but it should be smooth and only take around 14 seconds to open or close.
Not keeping up with lubrication maintenance can lead to problems.
I would also check to make sure the timing belt and water pump has been done with proof as this can cost from £300 to £800 depending where you take it.
They really are great drivers cars and a future classic.
If you are on Facebook, check out the Renault Wind Owners Club UK. Over 1350 members and loads of info and advice.
Also cars for sale on there.
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

MJK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WindyMcWind Thu 27 Jul 2023 - 0:52

Awesome advice thanks for taking the time to reply, I’m keen to get sensors as it looks like the car has a massive blind spot and I’m a bit spoiled by my current 360 ones.

Viewing one today, I’ll get some sensors and possibly a remap booked in then I’ll be good to go (assuming I buy it!) if I do I’ll make sure I put some pics up in the other section Wink

WindyMcWind
Started the engine

Barbs and bigjase1972 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Thu 27 Jul 2023 - 7:50

Hope it’s a good one and you can start enjoying Wind ownership. 😊👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MJK Mon 25 Sep 2023 - 12:03

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy - they really are a super fun car to have - lots of friendly advise on the Facebook page, so check it out. We're a friendly bunch  Smile

MJK
Started the engine

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Mon 25 Sep 2023 - 18:04

WindyMcWind wrote:Awesome advice thanks for taking the time to reply, I’m keen to get sensors as it looks like the car has a massive blind spot and I’m a bit spoiled by my current 360 ones.

Viewing one today, I’ll get some sensors and possibly a remap booked in then I’ll be good to go (assuming I buy it!) if I do I’ll make sure I put some pics up in the other section Wink
Parking sensors are dead easy to fit. I took my rear bumper off when I did mine but one member did theirs without even taking the bumper off. Just need to power the box up from the reversing light supply which is handily in the boot.
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum