Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Handbrake Adjustments

2 posters

Go down

Handbrake Adjustments Empty Handbrake Adjustments

Post by Stevo71 Mon 10 Jul 2023 - 9:13

Hi Guys. I am new to this owners club and owning a Renault, (well its my sons first car and we picked it up yesterday).  A couple of things I hope you can help me with. Firstly the roof can be abit temperamental. The back cover goes up and down fine but sometimes the roof doesn't open, you can hear it trying to but nothing happens, other times it  all works perfectly fine. Secondly does anyone know how to adjust the handbrake. I've looked on YouTube and I think it's remove heatshield underneath to gain access to the adjusting nut??. Hope someone can help.

Stevo71
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Handbrake Adjustments Empty Re: Handbrake Adjustments

Post by Barbs Thu 13 Jul 2023 - 7:36

The roof panel does have a tenancy to stick just give it a gentle push. But a rub of silicon grease along the rubber seal normally sorts that. The catches above the windscreen also like a bit of silicon grease also the hinges at the back of the boot lid. 

As for brakes , sorry I don't touch them leave it to the garage.

Welcome to Wind ownership.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down