Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

First Impressions

3 posters

Go down

First Impressions Empty First Impressions

Post by pittstop Fri 14 May 2021 - 16:37

Well now a few weeks into 2004 SLK 350 ownership & it's pretty much what I expected

Plush, accelerative, with an autobox (the original reason I had to give up the Wind) that's smooth as silk on "Comfort" mode & pretty wild in "Sport" (0-50 in 5.5 secs!). There is a middle setting but I'm sticking to Comfort for now as that's still pretty quick.

Daughter's partner assisted me with an interim service catching up on a few outstanding items from past service history & all seems well.

Taking a while to get used to it as it feels much more substantial in it's responses whereas the Wind was so light to the touch. Hydraulic steering compared with Electric etc.

Can't resist a quick picture & you will see that my daughter persuaded me to go for "cool blue" on the callipers while we had the wheels off.

Downside: 22mpg but I knew what to expect! Big tank takes 70 litres. First time I filled it up; from warning light coming on; cost £75.

All this for; believe it or not; £5950.

Last edited by pittstop on Fri 14 May 2021 - 16:48; edited 3 times in total
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

First Impressions Empty Re: First Impressions

Post by pittstop Fri 14 May 2021 - 16:38

First Impressions Slk_0010
Couldn't resist a picture!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Barbs, johntymac, bigjase1972, 'Old'SeaDog and Andyk like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Fri 14 May 2021 - 17:00

A beautiful car Pittstop..
Those blue calipers look great 👍
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Sat 15 May 2021 - 13:33

pittstop wrote:Well now a few weeks into 2004 SLK 350 ownership & it's pretty much what I expected

Plush, accelerative, with an autobox (the original reason I had to give up the Wind) that's smooth as silk on "Comfort" mode & pretty wild in "Sport" (0-50 in 5.5 secs!). There is a middle setting but I'm sticking to Comfort for now as that's still pretty quick.

Daughter's partner assisted me with an interim service catching up on a few outstanding items from past service history & all seems well.

Taking a while to get used to it as it feels much more substantial in it's responses whereas the Wind was so light to the touch. Hydraulic steering compared with Electric etc.

Can't resist a quick picture & you will see that my daughter persuaded me to go for "cool blue" on the callipers while we had the wheels off.

Downside: 22mpg but I knew what to expect! Big tank takes 70 litres. First time I filled it up; from warning light coming on; cost £75.

All this for; believe it or not; £5950.
I did look at a few of these before I bought my Wind. Unfortunately all the ones I looked at that were advertised as 'Good Condition, were far from it. Put me off in the end. Glad you have got a good one and hope you enjoy it for a  long time to come.

Andy
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum