Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE HAZARD RELAY IS LOCATED

3 posters

Go down

ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE HAZARD RELAY IS LOCATED  Empty ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE HAZARD RELAY IS LOCATED

Post by Aprentice Mon 1 Feb 2021 - 17:36

ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE HAZARD RELAY IS LOCATED

HAZARD LIGHTS GO ON WHEN DRIVING AND WHEN PARKED. THEY DO TURN OFF OCCASSIONALY BY THEMSELVES FOR A FEW MINUTES. I CHECKED THE HAZARD SWITH WIHICH IS WORKING AND NOT FAULTY. I CHECKED THE ALRM IN THE BOOT BEHIND THE NUMBER PLATE WHICH IS DRY. LOOKING AT THE WINDSCREEN I CAN SEE THE VIN NUMBER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN IS UNREADABLE DUE TO DROPS OF WATER ON THE INSIDE OF THE SCREEN. I AM GOING TO CHECK THE SCUTTLE DRAINS TO ENSURE THEY ARE NOT BLOCKED INCASE THERE IS WATER INGRESS WHICH IS CAUSING THE HAZARDS TO COME ON. .DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE HAZARD RELAY IS LOCATED. I HAVE CHECKED THE FUSE BOX AND SEE THERE IS A ROW OF 4 RELAYS AND 3 RELAYS ABOVE THE FUSES WHICH APPEAR TO BE DRY.

Aprentice
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE HAZARD RELAY IS LOCATED  Empty Re: ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE HAZARD RELAY IS LOCATED

Post by pittstop Tue 2 Feb 2021 - 10:39

According to my handbook fuse number 42 covers:

Right-hand side light/ accessories socket/cruise control/speed limiter control/central door locking control/hazard warning lights control. Thus unless there is any problem with the other items there's no problem there.

Have you tried disconnecting the hazard switch for a while to see if the problem goes away if there is no feed to the relay from the switch? 

If that's the case the problem could lie with an intermittent short circuit in the hazard switch.

Last edited by pittstop on Tue 2 Feb 2021 - 10:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE HAZARD RELAY IS LOCATED  Empty Hazards on

Post by Aprentice Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 17:49

Update - The alarm was faulty with the siren not working but the hazards kept on going on. Disconnected the alarm and hazards have switched off. Will check eBay to confirm if any second hand alarms are available.

Aprentice
Started the engine

bigjase1972 likes this post

Back to top Go down

ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE HAZARD RELAY IS LOCATED  Empty Re: ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE HAZARD RELAY IS LOCATED

Post by bigjase1972 Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 22:37

Try Renbreakers mate. They have a Collection model in for breaking at the moment. 😊👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down