Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

A sincere hope

+5
Barbs
pittstop
Andyk
D
'Old'SeaDog
9 posters

Go down

A sincere hope Empty A sincere hope

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Sat 31 Oct 2020 - 20:37

Hi guys
As a keen forum member, I have noticed a slowing down of recent postings
I was hoping that the forum is not being deserted and left to die a slow death in favour of the much publicised Facebook page...
I appreciate that the Facebook forum page has on many occasions been desribed as a vibrant and enthusiastic meeting place for Wind owners to exchange views by certain individuals, who may now be noticeable by their absence on the forum posts....but not all of us are on, or wish to be a part of Facebook.
I wonder if the Facebook page has gone as quiet as the forum ??
As I have said in the past...both forums should complement each other and both gain strength from this union...
I hope that the forum can become a greater exchange of views and comment again....and fun
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

D and Andyk like this post

Back to top Go down

A sincere hope Empty Re: A sincere hope

Post by Barbs Sun 1 Nov 2020 - 9:36

I think everyone is just preoccupied with Covid. The Facebook pages runs a photo competition once a month and that attracts a bit more attention. 

We have been gaining some new members recently and I know they have logged on but may feel a bit shy in introducing themselves.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

D and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Sun 1 Nov 2020 - 11:28

Come on new guys !!.......most of us won't bite 😂
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and D like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 1 Nov 2020 - 11:47

'Old'SeaDog wrote:Come on new guys !!.......most of us won't bite 😂
Unless you want us too  lol!
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sun 1 Nov 2020 - 13:22

Must admit to being distracted, not by the Facebook site but with what else is going on...and another full lockdown on the horizon does not help. Seem to have barely used my Wind as a consequence not been on the site either.
It was only at my MOT last month did I realise how little mileage have done since previous MOT....under 1k !!
My Wind has gone from being only car and bought pre registered direct from the main dealer with delivery mileage to becoming a second car in the household for last couple of years now. I’m struggling with dilemma of whether to sell or not, as hate it sitting in a garage and not being driven like it deserves.

D
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 1 Nov 2020 - 13:32

@DarrenJ I think you should keep it when we finally get this horrible virus under control you will get the chance to enjoy it. Another lockdown is not great but if it can suppress the virus it is worth it.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sun 1 Nov 2020 - 16:28

I know what you mean but even pre lockdown was using less and less. Have been volunteering for a dog rescue charity for a couple of years. The Wind not exactly dog friendly, hence relegated to being a rarely used second car. That feel selfish of me when someone else could have the opportunity to enjoy it on a regular basis.

D
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Mon 2 Nov 2020 - 12:52

'Old'SeaDog wrote:Hi guys
As a keen forum member, I have noticed a slowing down of recent postings
I was hoping that the forum is not being deserted and left to die a slow death in favour of the much publicised Facebook page...
I appreciate that the Facebook forum page has on many occasions been desribed as a vibrant and enthusiastic meeting place for Wind owners to exchange views by certain individuals, who may now be noticeable by their absence on the forum posts....but not all of us are on, or wish to be a part of Facebook.
I wonder if the Facebook page has gone as quiet as the forum ??
As I have said in the past...both forums should complement each other and both gain strength from this union...
I hope that the forum can become a greater exchange of views and comment again....and fun
I regularly look at both but probably post more on the facebook page as I find it difficult to load photos on here. That may be holding others back as the facebook group is more user friendly if you want to share a photo. Keep this forum going though as it is a good place for information.

Andy
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Mon 2 Nov 2020 - 15:21

I agree that posting photos on the forum can be difficult...indeed I'm yet to figure it out myself....
It's a shame that picture posting can't be made easier on this platform.....one for Barbs ?
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 2 Nov 2020 - 15:28

Sorry can't do anything about the photo problem  but it's not that difficult honest. There is a guide on here somewhere.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Mon 2 Nov 2020 - 15:31

Thanks Barbs....I'll have a good scan through
I've tried a few times but had no luck uploading the files from my tablet or phone
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 2 Nov 2020 - 15:56

'Old'SeaDog wrote:Thanks Barbs....I'll have a good scan through
I've tried a few times but had no luck uploading the files from my tablet or phone
Just added instructions in the How to section hope it helps.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

'Old'SeaDog and Andyk like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Tue 3 Nov 2020 - 11:28

Thanks Barbs 👍
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Tue 3 Nov 2020 - 16:16

I've already made my point in the past; ad nauseum some may say; that a "video killed the radio star" scenario would create a loss of Forum support caused by the overt PR drive that encouraged members to move away from the Forum to Facebook.

Sadly I seem to have been proved right.

Personally I've not had a picture download problem with the Forum.

I'll stick with the Forum.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Tue 3 Nov 2020 - 19:52

I totally am in agreement with your sentiments Pittstop.....especially regarding the overt PR drive to "poach" forum members away....
Perhaps a counter PR campaign is called for to "poach" members back...or at least for all lucky Wind owners to share all posts on both
And....with Barbs help...even I have now learned how to post a picture on the forum.....and if I can do it........😊
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 3 Nov 2020 - 20:42

We do have a Facebook page for the Forum and we do get people connecting on there. I am always stalking  sorry searching for fans of the Wind.

A sincere hope Screen17
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 3 Nov 2020 - 20:49

I have to admit the Facebook Forum page was set up by @Araf and he still responds to questions on Facebook. @Skippy who built a lot of this and @Elnumbre who added things like the newsletter and added some features. We will keep going and hopefully continue to capture other members.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Tue 10 Nov 2020 - 9:30

Old Sea Dog I’m still I member of the forum as I like everything to do with the Wind.
I just don’t post on here as often as I got the impression members were tired of hearing from me.
The forum is still advertised on the Facebook club page and I encourage people to join both!
You will find that interest in the sites will diminish as winter approaches and this horrible virus is about.
I still feel the Facebook club page gets more attention because of the user friendliness. 😊
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Tue 10 Nov 2020 - 9:32

Setting up a Facebook page is one thing but it was the persuasive Facebook PR campaign; that probably outperformed even it's originators expectations; that really stimulated the membership shift.

What's done is probably done!

Postscript: It seems I wrote this in parallel with bigjase's comments above without knowledge of his post.

Last edited by pittstop on Tue 10 Nov 2020 - 9:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 10 Nov 2020 - 9:46

The main thing about the Forum is to bring together the solutions to problems and hopefully make friends.  Having a FB side to it is another source of information but so is having the other groups across Europe which all have FB and Forums of their own and welcome anyone who has a Wind or is interested in a Wind to join. I think even Jason would agree there are fewer posts at the moment on FB the photo competion engages people every month which increases traffic. 

Anyway my Blue Boy is now doing a massive 3 miles week which isn't good for him. But fantastic news about the Vaccine. 

Stay safe
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

bigjase1972 and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

A sincere hope Empty Keep up the good work - long live all winds!

Post by marelro Tue 10 Nov 2020 - 10:02

Smile I hope that the Forum will stay as long as I keep my wind - and I would not let it go, unless I am forced to.
However, it is quite natural that there is no news when cars are almost "banned from the road" due to Corona.
I sort of have to mark the calendar to move it from time to time to keep the battery up. lol!
marelro
marelro
Took the roof down

bigjase1972 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Tue 10 Nov 2020 - 10:28

I’m the same! Been out in mine once in the last three weeks. confused
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

marelro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Tue 10 Nov 2020 - 17:14

I totally agree Barbs! All our Wind friends around Europe have both forums and Facebook pages. France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, etc.
There is room for us all!
I think a lot more younger people are starting to show an interest in these great cars, which probably explains the growing number of members choosing the Facebook option.
I wouldn’t want the forum to die by any means!😊
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Barbs and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jackinta Tue 10 Nov 2020 - 17:16

Hi Guys, newbie to the forum, I've had my Wind just about four years, mine has also become a second runaround but unfortunately has a leak in the coolant expansion tank, so it's been off road for nearly a year as I have no way of getting to it as I can't work out how to get the front bumper off lol. Must admit that it still looks great when washed and polished
jackinta
jackinta
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony1664 Tue 10 Nov 2020 - 20:47

I have to say I was always on forums for pretty much every vehicle I have had in the house but as SM has added pages I have slipped away from checking them as often. I have never come here as much as I might have mainly because the Wind is my other half’s car though I love it and enjoy driving it especially roof down ... I hadn’t actually clocked them was a Wind forum FB page but of course now I shall check for it
Anthony1664
Anthony1664
Took the roof down

bigjase1972 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum