Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Reflections

3 posters

Go down

Reflections Empty Reflections

Post by Sweeney Fri 5 Jul 2019 - 20:23

I am wondering if any of you lucky Wind drivers are experiencing the same problem as myself which is a nasty reflection of the dash - top in the screen .I find it guite dangerous at times and sunglasses do not improve the situation.Obviously it is only when the sun is shining front on to the car,maybe someone has found a solution .
        It would be nice to know if other Wind drivers have the same problem 
                        Thanks in anticipation. Sweeney.

Sweeney
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Reflections Empty Re: Reflections

Post by Barbs Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 8:36

I think someone managed to wrap the cowl but I think I have just got used to it.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Etienne likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Mon 8 Jul 2019 - 12:29

There are other Reflections threads which show the various stages in my quest to cut reflections on screen. Use the search facility to find them.

The final result is:

Reflections Wind_a12

This material was brought home by my wife from Dunelm Mill. It's a cloth for cleaning granite surfaces. Not beautiful but it really makes a difference & can be removed easily when need be.

Last edited by pittstop on Mon 15 Jul 2019 - 13:38; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correction)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 12:41

If anyone is asking why I did this. 

Nearly colliding with a drably attired cyclist; because the reflection rendered them almost invisible; made it a no brainer but to take anti reflection action.

Good thing I was driving at an appropriately low speed on a narrow country lane.

Another reason to encourage cyclists to "be bright" for their own safety.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeney Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 13:56

I find these reflections can be quite disconcerting as when the sun is bright it reflects across the full screen so I really have got to find a remedy for this problem. I am wondering if the dash top could be sprayed with an aerosol can of Matt black .Any ideas? 
                   Sweeney

Sweeney

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 19:36

As you will have seen if you searched the other "reflections" threads I initially tried self adhesive hobby felt which worked but was in danger; if left in place too long; of permanently damaging the dashboard should I want to sell the car so I removed it with some difficulty & much surgical spirit.

I then tried a matt finish trim spray/polish which was useless.

For a while I just drove around with a black towel on the dashboard, which blocked the demisting vents, until my wife found the material you see in the picture.

The current remedy; which is achieved by joining, with glue, two sheets of the Dunelm material; may be far from perfect cosmetically but does work & can be undone if required with no effect on the car's finish. Also it doesn't affect the functioning of the passenger air bag.

Spraying with matt black could well be the answer, given careful masking of screen etc, BUT it is non reversible if it doesn't work.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 23:00

Sweeney wrote:I find these reflections can be quite disconcerting as when the sun is bright it reflects across the full screen so I really have got to find a remedy for this problem. I am wondering if the dash top could be sprayed with an aerosol can of Matt black .Any ideas? 
                   Sweeney
hi @Sweeney do your wear sun glasses or a cap while driving? 2 years ago I had cataracts removed and I find I need eye protection it does help with the glare.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeney Tue 16 Jul 2019 - 19:01

Thanks for the notes .Yes I wear prescription sun glasses but to no avail. I must try and find an answer .Sweeney

Sweeney

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 16 Jul 2019 - 20:07

I think maybe the towel on the dashboard might be the best option for you. After all a lot of the year we don't have sun so easily removed. Please let us know how you get on.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeney Wed 17 Jul 2019 - 10:05

I certainly will but as you say the sun doesn't always shine 
                    Sweeney

Sweeney

Back to top Go down