Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

SatNav Phone Mounts?

2 posters

Go down

SatNav Phone Mounts? Empty SatNav Phone Mounts?

Post by ElNumbre Sun 23 Apr 2017 - 21:33

Can anyone recommend a phone holder that they use in the Wind?   I use a NoChoice magnetic holder with the 'ball' mounted in front of the centre heater, but this isn't really great for the 'larger device' I use..  I use a Sony Xperia Compact Tablet which is an 8" device, and mounting it front and centre using the NoChoice works okay, but because it is mounted front and centre, it suffers from a lot of screen glare.

Wondering if anyone else has a recommendation for a device mount?  I've tried the Anker Dashboard Magnetic Mount but this doesn't really stick to anything other than the windscreen and the dashboard dial 'pod'.  The Wind is a bit limited on places that are either 'flat' to stick things too, or vents that can be used to things.  I want something that sits fairly central to prevent someone reaching in with the roof down and making off with the device.

If anyone has any device recommendations and pictures, I'd welcome some ideas.
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

SatNav Phone Mounts? Empty Re: SatNav Phone Mounts?

Post by pittstop Mon 24 Apr 2017 - 11:48

Hi,

Found a good way of mounting my Tom Tom which doesn't require sticking things to dashboard/windscreen/ etc or having a giant bean bag on the dashboard.

It is also mounted quite low so would be very difficult to access with roof down & also keeps it away from sunlight which can impair visibility of screen.

A Universal Car CD slot mount from e-bay.

I modified mine replacing the universal holder with a mounting plate specific to my Start 25 which made for a very stable mounting & moved the Tom Tom closer to the dashboard which suits my longsightedness.

The base slots into the cd player & then turning a screw opens it up to hold it steady.

Never use CDs in the car as I put all my music on a stick so no need for CD player.

Mine only cost a few quid.

Will try to get a picture & put on this thread.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Mon 24 Apr 2017 - 12:01

SatNav Phone Mounts? Wind_s11
SatNav Phone Mounts? Wind_s10
SatNav Phone Mounts? Wind_s12

I have a twin outlet cigarette lighter style power socket fixed to the side of the gear lever tunnel which; along with my DRLs; is connected to the; ignition linked; glove compartment power socket. From that we run the Tom Tom & also charge our phones.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Mon 24 Apr 2017 - 20:05

That is a good idea - I, like you never use CD's, its either Spotify/Tunein over Bluetooth or Radio for me.  Do you have any problems with it obstructing the buttons?  Will get one ordered on Amazon and give it a try.
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Tue 25 Apr 2017 - 8:40

Re obstructing the radio buttons:

No problem with just the mount; which I leave in place all the time; but some buttons are not so easy to get at with the Tom Tom; which has a 5 inch screen; in place. Not sure how your 8 inch device would fit.

Normally don't use player/radio whilst using Tom Tom.  Don't like one talking over the other.

That only really works for integrated "infotainment" systems; such as my wife's Captur; where the radio auto mutes when the sat nav has something to say.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Tue 25 Apr 2017 - 20:27

Mine arrived today, but I'm not testing it in these arctic temperatures Smile
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down