Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

hi wind owner new here

+4
pshav
knebby
Barbs
moggie007
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

hi wind owner new here - Page 3 Empty Re: hi wind owner new here

Post by moggie007 Mon 16 May 2016 - 18:00

its booked in to Renault Warrington under warranty on the 24th so fingers crossed they will at least check it and maybe book me in again to fix the knocking yay
other than the knocking it seems fine touch wood
wind

moggie007
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Mon 16 May 2016 - 20:09

At least its the Renault dealership rather than a dodgy backstreet car sales lot with a three month guarentee that's not worth the paper its written on.

You should get a good result.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by moggie007 Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 14:00

just an update the wind has been fixed and all is good in the hood the knocking has gone and the steering is straight yay
moggie
wind

moggie007
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 14:05

moggie007 wrote:just an update the wind has been fixed and all is good in the hood the knocking has gone and the steering is straight yay
moggie
wind
Great news 

And summer is due this weekend. Although some of you have been having a good week  sunny
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moggie007 Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 14:36

summer has come early cause the roof has been off nearly every day this week WOW got my moneys worth already  lol!

moggie  wind

moggie007
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by tabascouk Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 12:51

Hi moggie wow you have been on a journey. (I am also replying to your post on the other thread). I am so glad you found yourself a wind. I was on an even smaller budget than you. I took a risk and bought a previously cat d (previous damage to left wing body work now repaired) I know nothing about the mechanics of cars. But it had a full service and records of the repair which was minor. It had 21000 on the clock one previous lady owner. Some scuffing of alloys a few paint chips at front and has been blinged up in the past with some carbon fiber on the roof and top of boot front tyers were near end of life,but apart from that mint. If I had a bit more of a budget (home renovation has bled me dry) I would of tried to get a car without these in perfections.  I traded in my 2009 aygo it had 86000 on the clock basic model not even any central locking and got it for 2500. With one year MOT. I am lucky as I have a good garage been using them for years since I landed on their door step 14 years ago with an 89 micra in tears as it had been broken into (my first car). I didn't realise he only repaired and restored high end vintage sports cars but he took an exception to me. I asked him if he could give it a full service and give it a good look over. Turns out it is in excellent shape  So I am happy. Would love to see you and your Mrs wind cars especially the collection so I could see what mine should look like so I can sort it properly

tabascouk
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by moggie007 Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 10:12

hi tabascouk,
thanks for the kind words
how do you like the wind now its all done?
the first wind i got was a gt with all extras added like leather heated seats,chrome bits ,reversing sensors. so its not a collectors edition also mine is also a gt without any additions. i was in touch with a guy who was selling his collection edition but he needed it until his new car was ready but in the mean time i bought the 2 winds, funnily enough he contacted me the other day saying its ready (too late but a nice car and at £4250 a bargain)ahh well.
the wife is looking forward to the lakes trip, would be cool to see you there and some others.
wind

moggie007
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by tabascouk Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 11:41

Hi Moggie, your cars sound fabulous. I wasn't really bothered about having a collectors I just wanted one with the chrome wing mirrors and cowls at the back and leather heated seats. Why? Because I am a marvel fan and to me it looks like a bat girl car. All I can tell is that the collection has red over the instruments red stripes on the pull handles, a red trim around the carpets. A number plate (mine is 102) and some additional decals not a deal breaker really. But my car did not come with rear parking sensors which I think would come in handy. At the moment I am keeping the carbon fiber on the roof I am on the fence whether it makes it look more bat car or less. It has been professionally done. My pal has just got a mini and it has passenger courtesy lights which shine the mini logo on the ground. I found on amazon bat logo ones which I am going to put on. I know it's a bit out there for a lady in her 40's. But I am an art and graphics teacher we have a reputation for being a bit wacky!!!hi wind owner new here - Page 3 71x4ns10

tabascouk

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 12:07

@tabascouk
I had after market parking sensors fitted not by me but they do help when visibility is not good. One of the guys in France had a camera fitted into his number plate that was cool.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tabascouk Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 19:04

@barbs am going to look into that as the underground car park at work is a nightmare pillars everywhere!!!

tabascouk

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Sun 5 Jun 2016 - 20:01

tabascouk wrote:But my car did not come with rear parking sensors which I think would come in handy.

You can get a cheap set off Ebay and is easy to fit, I just fitted a set on my brother car.

All you do is take a 12V  feed from the reversing light, and that supplies the control module that feeds the four reversing sensors, only activates when reversing. (Make sure you get a four sensor kit and not two sensor kit as they are not as good, obviously).

The only hard part is drilling the rear bumper (circular drill is supplied with kit). Or you can buy the kit and get someone else to install it, if you are not into DIY  Very Happy

Here below is the standard cheap kit that does also require a cable up to the cabin, so you can see/hear beep the reversing distance, and you just state which colour you want the rear bumper senors to be, ie, if you have a blue car you get blue.

Since looking at ebay today there is a slightly dearer kit that is even easier to install as it is wireless to the cabin. So wiring is cut down to a minimum.

Cheap kit....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEC-Car-Rear-Reversing-Reverse-Parking-LED-Displayer-4-Sensor-Kit-Audio-Alarm-/120855522291?hash=item1c238cebf3:g:qzUAAOSw9N1V0Zqw

Wireless kit...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CISBO-WIRELESS-CAR-REVERSING-PARKING-SENSOR-4-SENSORS-KIT-LED-DISPLAY-SB323-4-/131129870912?hash=item1e87f30a40:g:L6MAAOxy4fVTEjTh
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3