Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Looking to buy a Wind

3 posters

Go down

Looking to buy a Wind Empty Looking to buy a Wind

Post by Fast H Tue 21 Nov 2023 - 10:11

Hi

Joined because I am considering a Renault Wind as a second car. I only know what I have read the the interweb thing, so any advice/pointers would be very much appreciated. Regards

Fast H
Started the engine

Barbs and bigjase1972 like this post

Back to top Go down

Looking to buy a Wind Empty Re: Looking to buy a Wind

Post by Barbs Thu 23 Nov 2023 - 9:39

Check the timing belt and water pump have been replaced. The Winds are rare but parts can be a bit harder to find. But they are really fun cars to drive. So go and buy one.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

bigjase1972 and Fast H like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast H Thu 23 Nov 2023 - 15:03

Barbs wrote:Check the timing belt and water pump have been replaced. The Winds are rare but parts can be a bit harder to find. But they are really fun cars to drive. So go and buy one.
"Wanted" advert now placed.

Fast H
Started the engine

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Fri 24 Nov 2023 - 22:53

Try to get one with a decent service history if possible. Check to make sure the roof goes through it full motion up and down a couple of times.
Check for curbed alloys as there’s a few blind spots on the Wind until you get used to it.
There’s not much difference in performance between the 1.2 turbo and 1.6. The 1.2 is slightly quicker off the mark and more economical, but the 1.6 is quicker top end and when you get the revs up. It also has a nicer exhaust note.
Now is the time to buy as lots of people just buy them for the summer.
Prices start around £1500 needing work £2500 to £3500 should get you a nice one. Over that going up to around £5000 will get you a nice low mileage limited edition one.
The Dynamique is the base model, Dynamique S and GT line are next, then you have the two limited edition numbered models, the Collection and Gordini.
If you are on Facebook, join The Renault Wind Owners Club UK with around 1500 friendly members. Cars coming up for sale on there often. 😊👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Barbs and Fast H like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast H Sat 25 Nov 2023 - 10:48

bigjase1972 wrote:Try to get one with a decent service history if possible. Check to make sure the roof goes through it full motion up and down a couple of times.
Check for curbed alloys as there’s a few blind spots on the Wind until you get used to it.
There’s not much difference in performance between the 1.2 turbo and 1.6. The 1.2 is slightly quicker off the mark and more economical, but the 1.6 is quicker top end and when you get the revs up. It also has a nicer exhaust note.
Now is the time to buy as lots of people just buy them for the summer.
Prices start around £1500 needing work £2500 to £3500 should get you a nice one. Over that going up to around £5000 will get you a nice low mileage limited edition one.
The Dynamique is the base model, Dynamique S and GT line are next, then you have the two limited edition numbered models, the Collection and Gordini.
If you are on Facebook, join The Renault Wind Owners Club UK with around 1500 friendly members. Cars coming up for sale on there often. 😊👍🏻
Many thanks for the info. It would seem that they don't seem to suffer from many problems which is of course good news. My last Renault was a Renault 19 16v back in 1991 so its been a while since I have had a car from the Renault family. Will get the wife to join the Facebook page to widen my search.

Fast H
Started the engine

bigjase1972 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sat 25 Nov 2023 - 16:45

They are a great driving car and really rare, so definitely a future classic. Not quite as rare as the Renault 19 16 valve now though. 😊
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Fast H likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast H Sat 25 Nov 2023 - 16:48

bigjase1972 wrote:They are a great driving car and really rare, so definitely a future classic. Not quite as rare as the Renault 19 16 valve now though. 😊
True. Mine was a phase 1 3-dr in white. Loved it raspy light car which was great fun, mind due it seemed to be made out of cereal boxes.

Fast H
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sat 25 Nov 2023 - 16:56

I remember them. Believe it or not a guy next door to me at work has two convertible Renault 19 16 Valves in his body shop having bodywork done ready for selling. They are rare as hens teeth. He has one in the blue and the other in burgundy. 😊
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Fast H likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down