Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Hi from South Wales

+2
Barbs
RogerH
6 posters

Go down

Hi from South Wales Empty Hi from South Wales

Post by RogerH Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 17:06

Just saying hi from a soon-to-be owner. As of last Saturday I had never heard of the Wind. Came across one on Autotrader, had a look at it Sunday morning and put a deposit down there and then. Will probably collect it next Saturday.

Very glad I found this forum before I looked at it, though. I asked if the cambelt had been changed on a previous service. It hadn't so the dealer agreed to service it and fit a new cambelt and water pump. Would not have been happy if I'd bought the car and then faced a £400-£500 bill. So thanks everyone!

Anyone else here from South Wales?

Cheers,

Roger

RogerH
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Hi from South Wales Empty Re: Hi from South Wales

Post by Barbs Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 20:12

Hi @RogerH and welcome to the club  my Blue Boy is 9 years old this month and I have loved driving it.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerH Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 21:27

Thanks Barbs, can't wait to get going in it properly. I've had a Mercedes E Class estate for the last 5 years so the Wind is going to be a bit of a contrast. Smile

RogerH
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 13:58

E Class Estate to Wind is some leap but one can still get a set of golf clubs plus a trolley in a Wind!

Hi from South Wales Wind_g10

We'd never seen a Wind in the UK  (saw one in Cannes & another in Rapallo, Italy) before we decided to get one to replace an MGTF as our fun/European holiday car.

Had it 5 yrs now & still well pleased. It's Never let us down on our long road trips.

Hope you get as much pleasure as we have.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 18:01

Hi RogerH....I too am a recent purchaser of a Wind, and absolutely love the car, so am also a proud owner....and Welshman, formerly from Pontardulais near Swansea....now living the dream on the Kent coast 😊
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 8:28

Hi RogerH! Welcome to the forum! You won’t be disappointed with the Wind. Great cars and a future classic.
Have you seen The Renault Wind Owners Club UK on Facebook?
Plenty going off on there too with ownership tips, club meets, photo competitions etc. 😉👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 8:34

Just noticed Roger, you have joined The Renault Wind Owners Club UK on Facebook. Enjoy picking your Wind up this weekend and be sure to post a pic of it once you pick it up my friend!😉👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerH Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 14:56

pittstop wrote:E Class Estate to Wind is some leap but one can still get a set of golf clubs plus a trolley in a Wind!

We'd never seen a Wind in the UK  (saw one in Cannes & another in Rapallo, Italy) before we decided to get one to replace an MGTF as our fun/European holiday car.

Had it 5 yrs now & still well pleased. It's Never let us down on our long road trips.

Hope you get as much pleasure as we have.
Thanks, the boot was a big selling point for me. Quite impressive that you can fit clubs and a trolley in it. I don't have golf clubs myself, but I do tend to lug around a lot of camera gear - photography is one of my passions.

RogerH
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerH Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 15:00

'Old'SeaDog wrote:Hi RogerH....I too am a recent purchaser of a Wind, and absolutely love the car, so am also a proud owner....and Welshman, formerly from Pontardulais near Swansea....now living the dream on the Kent coast 😊
Can't see how any coastline could be better than the Glamorgan Heritage Coast.  Wink 
My daughter lives in Ammanford so we go down that way quite a lot.

RogerH
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerH Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 15:00

bigjase1972 wrote:Just noticed Roger, you have joined The Renault Wind Owners Club UK on Facebook. Enjoy picking your Wind up this weekend and be sure to post a pic of it once you pick it up my friend!😉👍🏻
I have indeed!

RogerH
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 21:26

You are of course correct....Wales truly is Gods country !!...Although the Gower coast has to be my favourite 😊
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Fri 13 Mar 2020 - 12:03

'Old'SeaDog wrote:You are of course correct....Wales truly is Gods country !!...Although the Gower coast has to be my favourite 😊

Had booked a series of hotels & an apartment as part of a road trip through France, Switzerand, & Italy in June.

Guess I'll have to cancel them; thanks to Corona; so perhaps we should return to Wales where we have enjoyed holidays in the past.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Fri 13 Mar 2020 - 16:59

Yes pittstop...The Welsh coastline and mountains take some beating in the spring and summer...when its not raining anyway !!😊...us Welsh are born with webbed feet 😂😂
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew W Sun 15 Mar 2020 - 21:23

Hi, I'm based in Swansea and working in the Uni so the Gower peninsular is on my doorstep. 

The campus is currently affected by the Covid-19 incident so I guess it may be a opportune time to work from home hit the open road...
Andrew W
Andrew W
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 7:57

Hi Andrew W.....good luck for some sunny and " topless" weather 🤞
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down