Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Hazard lights

2 posters

Go down

Hazard lights Empty Hazard lights

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 18:04

Help !! When I switch the engine off my hazard lights come on and cannot be switched off using the switch....however, with the engine running the hazard lights switch works perfectly....until the engine is switched off, when the hazards start again. Even with the doors locked the hazards are still flashing...ideas anyone ???
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Hazard lights Empty Re: Hazard lights

Post by Mistydogblue Mon 20 Jan 2020 - 10:29

Hi, it could be a number of things. It could possibly be a fault in the alarm unit which is in the boot (possibly dampness or moisture). It could also be a fault somewhere in the hazard light switch circuit which could be grounding itself. It could also be a faulty relay. If you don't know you way round car electrics I would suggest you may need to take it to an auto spark.

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Mon 20 Jan 2020 - 23:39

Ive discovered something odd about whats happening....when the fault shows, and the hazard lights are flashing when the engine is turned off...although the car will lock, the second press of the keyfob which activates the deadlock does not function. Only when the fault is not present does the deadlock function work. This is very puzzling, but would seem to eliminate the alarm and hazard light circuit? Also, the hazard light button works perfectly when no fault is present...anybody else had anything like this at all ???
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 16:34

Update on my hazard lights flashing and no deadlocking.......it appears to have been the boot locking mechanism at fault..a squirt or two of WD40 and some silicon grease appears to have cured the problem 🤞. I have also treated the other door locks in the same way...so fingers crossed, that will be a simple fix to a very strange problem, and one that I would imagine may happen to others.
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down