Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Eight times round the world in a Wind!!

5 posters

Go down

Eight times round the world in a Wind!! Empty Eight times round the world in a Wind!!

Post by knebby Thu 28 Sep 2017 - 22:31

My red 1.2 is now on 152,111 miles and was on 9 when I got it. My black 1.6 is on 62,895 and was on 15,000 when I got it. That means that in just under six and a half years I've driven 200,000 miles in a Wind!! And I still love it!!!
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Eight times round the world in a Wind!! Empty Re: Eight times round the world in a Wind!!

Post by Barbs Fri 29 Sep 2017 - 8:50

Great to hear you still love it. When are you buying the Blue one?
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eight times round the world in a Wind!! Empty Re: Eight times round the world in a Wind!!

Post by knebby Fri 29 Sep 2017 - 9:26

I did notice a blue Gordini on Gumtree, 11,500 miles and number 001 out of 200....
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 29 Sep 2017 - 9:54

When are you picking it up?
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donjack Fri 29 Sep 2017 - 18:57

That's a fantastic amount of miles knebby, especially the 1.2!
Have you had any major problems? Of not, that instills a lot of confidence!!
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 9:47

Other than the usual ball joint issues, I'm struggling to think of anything significant that has not been normal running costs and routine maintenance. The 1.2 needed a new indicator stalk ages ago which was a few hundred quid due to the associated switchy gubbins and it also needed a new coil pack when it started coughing at about 100,000 miles but otherwise nothing terrible.

Neither have left me stranded (except when I ran out of petrol in the 1.6, durr!) and neither have refused to start.

I've been using the 1.2 this week and the computer tells me that for the last 4,000 miles it has averaged 41.4 mpg at an average 36.2 mph. Nothing wrong with that!
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 11:25

How do you use your cars on average? With that MPG, sounds like it's long A-Roads or Motorways with limited stop/starting? Round here, it's a constant concertina of traffic. I wonder if that changes the mechanical reliability, although again like you, I've had minimal trouble so far.

Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 16:39

ENumbre don't tempt fate.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 22:19

I use the car for work, so prob an average 150 miles a day, A roads, B roads and country lanes with some motorway and even when I'm in town it's not usually stop/start congestion; the joys of living in Cumbria! 
It's probably the perfect way to run a car, once it's warm in the morning it stays warm all day, then it has a rest overnight and nothing to over stress anything.
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunyip Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 8:44

Nice story - great to hear that the Wind is such a reliable car.
Bunyip
Bunyip
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down