Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

The new wind picked up

+3
Barbs
LukeC
Bullyboy
7 posters

Go down

The new wind picked up Empty The new wind picked up

Post by Bullyboy Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 7:04

The new wind picked up Image13The new wind picked up Image13Hi all thanks the help in the last week car now picked up.  Pick up went well and dealer did all he said he would do.  Only thing missing was the hand book which is on order.  Had 13 Mike drive home in suburban traffic with the roof down and sunglasses on.  Very happy. All seems to be in order and car drives well.  This weekends jobs are to give the interior plastics and the roof panel a little bit of t l c with some plastics cleaner/enhancer but other than that is to hope the rain stays away and I can drive it. 
The only other job for the near future is to replace the passenger front side tyre.  They put a new drivers side one on with the passenger side being having about 60% of tyre left but I feel I need to replace it so both in sync on grip. 

Will update things a bit more when I have had the chance to drive a bit.  

Picture below.
Bullyboy
Bullyboy
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

The new wind picked up Empty Re: The new wind picked up

Post by Bullyboy Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 12:46

Jobs done today roof and outside plastics cleaned and re-blacked. Inside plastics cleaned and polished with armour protector. Air freshener purchased. Need to find done dust caps 2 missing. Also found rather than tyre gunk I have a full spare wheel and jack with a tyre that is nearly new ! Result.

Hopefully now an afternoon spin ! Sun is out
Bullyboy
Bullyboy
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeC Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 13:24

Waxing Next - give it some flake pop

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 14:49

Sounds fab.

My little boy is tucked up in a mates garage for protection as my drive is being done. Only went on Thursday yesterday I went and hired a car for a couple of days. Not bothered if it gets hit not that I live on a very busy road but there are just some idiots around. So what did I get..... A brand new Twingo.
It has a tiny boot 2 shopping bags, it has rear seats, not that you could use them. It has stop start engine... Not sure I could ever get used to that.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 16:33

you can switch the stop start off, though I don't feel it is intrusive as only works once car is at temperature. Would say avoid taking on motorway as never feels as comfortable as the Wind at speed

D
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 16:35

Thanks DarrenJ. Will just be taking me to work and back for a couple of days.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 20:08

That looks tasty BullyBoy. How easy is it to clean the roof with that matt finish?

Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullyboy Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 20:33

The Matt finish stuff was easy although it completely ruined a microfiber cloth but it brought the black back.  Also used it round the mirror plastics and it looks a lot better.  
Just ordered a set of new wiper blades as they look a bit ropey and some dust caps to replace the 2 missing ones.  

Had it out today and did about 35 miles a bit of a road, suburb driving and 1 junction on the m25.  Roof down. Was pretty impressed how taught the car felt and although a little blustery I was surprised it was much much better than I expected.  

Very pleased so far.  Just want to get the tyres looked on next week if I can to get an idea if I should replace the part worn front one to match the new one the garage put on. 

Lastly is there any value in trying to purchase the clip on win deflector ? Where ? And can you pick them up cheaply ?

Very glad I joined the wind club
Bullyboy
Bullyboy
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 21:00

If I manage to make it to the meet, I'm hoping someone brings a wind deflector to demonstrate.  Roof down, Windows up, the breeze isn't too bad for me, even at motorway speeds, so I'm not convinced how much difference it will make, but I'm happy to have my mind changed.

I took mine to the Eastern European car wash today,  they quite liked it, and having the Collection, the shiny roof was perhaps easier for them to clean.
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by tabascouk Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 21:34

looks great!!! Bet you are  well chuffed

tabascouk
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 21:47

The Wind deflector ... Cheap, even when the Wind was launched they were not cheap. Not sure anyone on here bought one. Not tried Ebay worldwide but might be worth a try.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 21:56

ABD.com Auto Bulbs Direct think they are H8 but can't confirm till I get the car back as I have 2 spare in the boot.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 22:39

Barbs wrote:So what did I get..... A brand new Twingo.
It has a tiny boot 2 shopping bags, it has rear seats, not that you could use them. It has stop start engine...  Not sure I could ever get used to that.

Its the twin sister of the new 453 Smart Forfour (four seater, ie, a stretched Fortwo), same Renault engines, same chassis and similar bodywork, and yes, they all hate start stop tech on the Smart site.

They are looking at a way of electronically switching off start stop permanently without having to press the ECo button at the start of every journey.

The one thing that puts us true Smart owners off the new Smart Fortwo or Twingo is the 'long' bonnet which is 300mm long  Very Happy

We are used to the Fortwo just being wedge shaped at the front with no real bonnet as such. This has reduced the number of expected sales of the new Fortwo, but the Forfour is leasing well due to good deals as there is more competition of small four seater cars.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 22:43

Long bonnet. I can't see it....
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 22:48

Barbs wrote:Long bonnet. I can't see it....

He he, we Smart owners would call that a long bonnet, which has removed somewhat the iconic shape of the Smart car. lol!
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down