Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Nice surprise!

3 posters

Go down

Nice surprise! Empty Nice surprise!

Post by Johno.0 Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 15:41

Don't know where to start and a little confused.

So, as you all know my car was deemed a write off and that was that. However, I had a call to say it was ready to be picked up and had been fixed. A little nervous, and admittedly excited I went, got it, and was shocked to say the least by the work done. It appears flawless but was hoping someone could upload a picture of their front bumper with a few close ups of the lines where the panels meet, only because it looks different, (in a good way).

Turned out my car had gone to Copart who are apparently an auction house for cars that have been involved in accidents and written off. From what I've read it seems it's more favourable to them to write a vehicle off, and auction it themselves than it is to declare it repairable. This is something I can believe, and it may explain why I was told it was written off, and have now been surprised by it being fixed.

Also, my dashcam records audio and I don't think they knew I had one as it's one of those rearview mirror ones, I heard alot of "What is it supposed to be?", "Never seen anything like it?", "It's big aint it?" - guess they're talking about the cabin and nothing else lol! , "Weird looking" and "nice though". lol!

Let me know what you think and thank you in advance for the pictures. It's good to be back. hehe.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Nice surprise! Empty Re: Nice surprise!

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 20:12

Welcome back !!
What has been the effect on your car insurance ?... especially with the car being written off, and now resurrected seemingly from the dead...
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and Johno.0 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 22:00

Fantastic news Johno.
Wish it would have been done in time for the meet at the end of August. We were missing a blue Gordini when you couldn’t make it pal!😔
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Barbs and Johno.0 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno.0 Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 14:40

@bigjase1972 just my luck that is, I'll make up for it next time.

@'Old'SeaDog the car was valued at £3800 which surprised me considering age but it was in fantastic condition when picked up by them. The engineer's report commented a few times about how condition through out was exceptional for age of car. In terms of insurance not entirely sure. I have a renewal in January so hoping it's not ridiculous but with the price hike on everything ATM I'm not holding out much hope.

They also appeared not to have any notes on the file that it was being fixed, so again the whole thing was strange. Anyone worked in insurance or know anyone who may know what happened? I have rung and asked but they know nothing apparently.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 14:45

Will it affect the value of the car now?
Hope you haven’t lost out on the deal having it repaired. 🤞🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Johno.0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno.0 Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 14:49

Forgot to add that the fix was £1090. It was superficial damage so only needed sanding, painting etc... They did give me a new headlamp. It's not been recorded as a category car as that was one of the first things I checked. I'd never sell it anyways. It's my best mate! 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

bigjase1972 and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 14:55

That’s great news then mate!😊👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Johno.0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 21:43

Johno.0 wrote:Forgot to add that the fix was £1090. It was superficial damage so only needed sanding, painting etc... They did give me a new headlamp. It's not been recorded as a category car as that was one of the first things I checked. I'd never sell it anyways. It's my best mate! 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣
Awesome best mate comment !! 👍....love it
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Johno.0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down