Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

The Fife Tayside and Angus 250

4 posters

Go down

The Fife Tayside and Angus 250 Empty The Fife Tayside and Angus 250

Post by renton beersworth Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 19:35

250 miles covered 5th to 12th June. The Wind averaged 43.1 mpg.  Still too dodgy to travel abroad , so it was another staycation in Scotland.  Rented a static caravan in
St.Andrews hoped for and got a dry and sunny week allowing plenty of top down motoring. Our camp site was 20 mins walk along the costal path to St.Andrews centre. Plenty to do and see in St.Andrews, old castle grounds , North, Market and South streets with lots of interesting shops. Botanic Gardens and of course the Old Course Golf Links. Tried to get a round on the famous Himalayas putting green but fully book. Had a walk around the area and just soaked up the atmosphere. Also visited Crail, Anstruther and Pittenweem, they are all fishing villages of yesteryear now living off cafes hotels restaurants and artisan shops. Visited Carnoustie another famous golf links where I got a hole in one (on the putting green, ha ha) Passed through Leuchars where there is still a big RAF base which is still active and visited Scotland Secret Bunker, the atom bomb proof shelter 24,000 sq.ft. of underground assets and accomodation, now a vistors centre, that would have been used in the event of war. Fantastic visit for adults, not so much children. Had a couple of days in Dundee and revisited the RRS Discovery used by Shackelton and Scott on antarctic expeditions. Another great attraction.
The Wind behaved impeccably and as usual got a few admiring glances. The weather was great for a lot of top down motoring, even managed to sunburn my baldy napper, thats what you get when your careless about wearing a baseball cap. All in all, a good week. R.B.

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

Barbs, johntymac, bigjase1972 and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

The Fife Tayside and Angus 250 Empty Re: The Fife Tayside and Angus 250

Post by Barbs Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 7:25

That sounds like a fabulous holiday. We have a week booked just across the border in early September. You might spot Blue  Boy.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

johntymac, renton beersworth and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim777 Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 20:50

Ah, you had a nice tour there. Been in St Andrews a few time, and down that coast line, remember getting a delicious fish supper in one of those harbour villages, and fighting off the seagulls. Nice.

When in Dundee did you visit the V&A museum next to the boat? I took my Wifes Smart car into Dundee last year for servicing there, as that's where she bought it. 100 miles from home she decides on buying a car LOL. She had a free servicing deal so it was worth the trip to get there and back. I was a bit disappointed in the museum itself that cost millions to make, looks futuristic but its just one big empty space, with a cafe, and a few small exhibit rooms. At least its free to enter. But interesting seeing the city centre itself, with its history of comic book making. Like the famous Beano  Very Happy

Jim777
Took the roof down

renton beersworth and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 12:26

@renton beersworth wrote:250 miles covered 5th to 12th June. The Wind averaged 43.1 mpg.  Still too dodgy to travel abroad , so it was another staycation in Scotland.  Rented a static caravan in
St.Andrews hoped for and got a dry and sunny week allowing plenty of top down motoring. Our camp site was 20 mins walk along the costal path to St.Andrews centre. Plenty to do and see in St.Andrews, old castle grounds , North, Market and South streets with lots of interesting shops. Botanic Gardens and of course the Old Course Golf Links. Tried to get a round on the famous Himalayas putting green but fully book. Had a walk around the area and just soaked up the atmosphere. Also visited Crail, Anstruther and Pittenweem, they are all fishing villages of yesteryear now living off cafes hotels restaurants and artisan shops. Visited Carnoustie another famous golf links where I got a hole in one (on the putting green, ha ha) Passed through Leuchars where there is still a big RAF base which is still active and visited Scotland Secret Bunker, the atom bomb proof shelter 24,000 sq.ft. of underground assets and accomodation, now a vistors centre, that would have been used in the event of war. Fantastic visit for adults, not so much children. Had a couple of days in Dundee and revisited the RRS Discovery used by Shackelton and Scott on antarctic expeditions. Another great attraction.
The Wind behaved impeccably and as usual got a few admiring glances. The weather was great for a lot of top down motoring, even managed to sunburn my baldy napper, thats what you get when your careless about wearing a baseball cap. All in all, a good week. R.B.
My old stomping ground. I was born in Kirkcaldy and spent my youth on the Fife coast. A lovely part of the country (but I am biased...)
Andyk
Andyk
Cruising down the highway

renton beersworth and Jim777 like this post

Back to top Go down

The Fife Tayside and Angus 250 Empty re Fife Tayside and Angus 250

Post by renton beersworth Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 14:26

@Jim777 wrote:Ah, you had a nice tour there. Been in St Andrews a few time, and down that coast line, remember getting a delicious fish supper in one of those harbour villages, and fighting off the seagulls. Nice.

When in Dundee did you visit the V&A museum next to the boat? I took my Wifes Smart car into Dundee last year for servicing there, as that's where she bought it. 100 miles from home she decides on buying a car LOL. She had a free servicing deal so it was worth the trip to get there and back. I was a bit disappointed in the museum itself that cost millions to make, looks futuristic but its just one big empty space, with a cafe, and a few small exhibit rooms. At least its free to enter. But interesting seeing the city centre itself, with its history of comic book making. Like the famous Beano  Very Happy
Hello Jim777,  I has heard that the V&A museum was a bit dissapointing so did not bother with a visit there. Did see the big statue of Desparate Dan in the town centre. Your right, Dundee at one time and an excellect reputation for journalism including comics, jam making and processing Jute.

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

Jim777 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim777 Mon 28 Jun 2021 - 19:12

Yeh, saw the statue of desperate dan, quite a nice town centre.

As usual found a good pub for a pint of beer and lunch, wife was driving so she got tomato juice. Got to watch those average speed camera roads up there  lol!

Jim777
Took the roof down

renton beersworth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down