Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Vehicle Insurance.

2 posters

Go down

Vehicle Insurance. Empty Vehicle Insurance.

Post by renton beersworth Wed 4 Nov 2020 - 19:30

I know its not likely to happen any time soon, what wth the onset of winter but..... just read an article in a car magazine where the owner of a convertible car spotted a clause in his policy that stated the car was fully insured only if the roof was closed and secured in position.When it was left unattended.
During the better weather when I am using the Wind with the top down I often leave it open when parked in an area I believe to be safe.
I have checked my policy and no such disclaimer is to be seen so I think I am ok.   Can I suggest our members check their policy wording, just to be sure. R.B.

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Insurance. Empty Re: Vehicle Insurance.

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Wed 4 Nov 2020 - 21:30

Wise advice Renton....most insurance companies will look for a way out of paying up if possible methinks.
I've checked mine and there's no mention of a disclaimer regarding the roof...having said that, I never leave mine unattended with the roof open....too much risk of seagull poo here at the coast !!
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

renton beersworth likes this post

Back to top Go down