Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Dashboard reflections

3 posters

Go down

Dashboard reflections Empty Dashboard reflections

Post by ArtyOwner Fri 9 Oct 2020 - 11:33

Driving my wife's Wind this morning in bright sunlight I found it difficult to see clearly because of the reflection of the top of the dashboard in the windscreen and bright reflections directly from the plastic covering the instrument display. Does anyone have a solution to this short of painting everything in non-reflective paint? This seems to be a common problem in many cars but not as bad as it seemed in the Wind. Cool

ArtyOwner
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Dashboard reflections Empty Re: Dashboard reflections

Post by pittstop Fri 9 Oct 2020 - 12:59

This was a major problem for me culminating is a near miss with a cyclist which I didn't see until the last moment.

For a while & had a black towel across the top of the dashboard then my wife spotted some "surface cleaner for marble" & bought two sheets of it from Dunelm Mill.

A bit of work with scissors & a dab of glue to hold the two pieces together. Problem solved.

Not perfect, I'm not that skilled with scissors, but not too out of place

Dashboard reflections Wind_a15
Dashboard reflections Wind_a17
Dashboard reflections Wind_a16

Last edited by pittstop on Fri 9 Oct 2020 - 13:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Dashboard reflections Empty Thanks for information.

Post by ArtyOwner Fri 9 Oct 2020 - 13:49

Hi Thanks for the information, I will give it a go. Very Happy

ArtyOwner
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Fri 9 Oct 2020 - 16:17

pittstop wrote:This was a major problem for me culminating is a near miss with a cyclist which I didn't see until the last moment.

For a while & had a black towel across the top of the dashboard then my wife spotted some "surface cleaner for marble" & bought two sheets of it from Dunelm Mill.

A bit of work with scissors & a dab of glue to hold the two pieces together. Problem solved.

Not perfect, I'm not that skilled with scissors, but not too out of place

Dashboard reflections Wind_a15
Dashboard reflections Wind_a17
Dashboard reflections Wind_a16
Pittstop. In picture 1 have you put the material over the centre vents next to the hazard warning switch? If so swon't that stop the ventilation air flow? Only a thought.

Andy
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sat 10 Oct 2020 - 14:25

Well spotted. 

Yes I have partially blocked the centre vents with a different porous material to reduce air flow as these vents cannot be adjusted for flow & the draught was getting to my neck.

In practice I have the auto aircon set to screen & footwell all the time unless I'm demisting.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyk Sun 11 Oct 2020 - 13:14

pittstop wrote:Well spotted. 

Yes I have partially blocked the centre vents with a different porous material to reduce air flow as these vents cannot be adjusted for flow & the draught was getting to my neck.

In practice I have the auto aircon set to screen & footwell all the time unless I'm demisting.
Nothing worse than a pain in the neck. My wife says I have been one for years...   Wink
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down