Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

The Speyside and Moray 500

Go down

The Speyside and Moray 500 Empty The Speyside and Moray 500

Post by renton beersworth on Sun 6 Sep 2020 - 14:59

So a total journey of 754 miles covered , 500 in Speyside and Moray area. The Wind performed perfectly and 42.8 mpg. Based in Grantown on Spey we visited Inverness (Capitol of the Highlands) Elgin, Nairn (lovely Beach), Aviemore (tourist Area) , Hopeman (Beautiful Harbour) , Lossiemouth (long sandy beaches) , Findhorn (very quiet) Forres (lovely gardens with a cricket wicket) and Nethy Bridge (Scenic river walks).  The weather was very kind, all bar one day, so no complaints.  The A95 forms part of the Malt Whisky Trail but all visitors centres were closed due to Cov. 19.   Came accross the B9102 road which runs parallel to the River Spey, very free of traffic and great fun to drive and a preserved AA Sentry Box on the A939 at Loch Allen, Dava.
I resurrected the old custom, for highland visitors, of attaching a sprig of heather to the front of the car.  It was quite common years ago but I hadn't seen it for a long time.
A delightful staycation week in Scotland which we had not done in ages, I was glad I decided to take The Wind. R.B.

renton beersworth
Took the roof down

Barbs, 'Old'SeaDog and Roadster like this post

Back to top Go down

The Speyside and Moray 500 Empty Re: The Speyside and Moray 500

Post by 'Old'SeaDog on Sun 6 Sep 2020 - 16:41

Hi Renton.
The Highlands region is absolutely beautiful..given the right weather.
I haven't been there for about 20 years regrettably..but when I did, we stayed in a little place called Laggan Bridge..not far from Newtonmore, Aviemore...and I believe Speyside?
Gorgeous countryside...I envy you driving those roads in your Wind.

'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and renton beersworth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop on Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 11:56

Last time we were in Aberdeenshire we fixed a sprig of heather to the front of my wife's SX4.

That was in 2011.

It's probably an eco crime to pick it now!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

renton beersworth likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Speyside and Moray 500 Empty re Speyside 500

Post by renton beersworth on Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 22:01

Thanks to Old Sea Dog and Pitstop for your comments.

Sadly I have never been to Laggan Bridge, looked on The Net and it seems a nice place to visit with the River Spey running through. Several distilleries in the area
that in different times would be worth a visit.

Thank goodness picking heather is not yet an issue. There are times of year when burning heather to increase growth is allowed, known as "Muirburn"

For anyone visiting the Highlands lets keep up the tradition of a Sprig of Heather on the front of your car.

RB

renton beersworth
Took the roof down

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog on Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 22:09

I shall definitely remember Renton....you've definitely got me thinking about a road trip North next year

'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum