Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Covid 19 2020

+3
bigjase1972
pittstop
Barbs
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Covid 19  2020 - Page 2 Empty Re: Covid 19 2020

Post by pittstop Fri 26 Mar 2021 - 13:42

Garden centres make a nice change & we seem to have spent much money at them lately trying to fill our 3 main flower beds with perennials to make them easier to maintain than in the past when we used to grow & plant out many bedding plants each year.

Just a drive in some parts of Kent without getting out of the car will be a pleasant way to pass the time in future.

Kent's a weird place with extremes of: on one hand lovely countryside & on the other  some very densely populated areas.

Last edited by pittstop on Fri 26 Mar 2021 - 13:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 26 Mar 2021 - 13:56

@pittstop have you been to Samphire Hoe? We arranged that as a meeting place for the UK International meet it was amazing. 

Have you been to Dungeness we had a week there it was a very strange but beautiful place.

I also really enjoyed a week at St Margarets at Cliff just have to watch the mobile network your phone connects to.

My brother went to The Royal Duke of York Military School, first few terms Mum and I went down with him at the start and end of term but it wasn't long before he didn't want his Mum and little Sis there.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Fri 26 Mar 2021 - 14:12

Dungeness is a favourite of my wife's.

She loves the rather spooky emptiness of the place.

It also brings back memories for her of summer holidays spent in a "shack" there.

Not been to Samphire Ho. Must try it sometime.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Sat 27 Mar 2021 - 9:54

I am lucky enough to live 30 minutes walk along the beach from Dungeness

My wife and I certainly feel extremely fortunate to have found a "forever" house here after moving down from SE London some 14 years ago....certainly couldn't cope with all that traffic and doing battle with the South Circular daily anymore !!

Dungeness is certainly a magical place...once described by Chris Evans on his radio show after a weekend visit as.."looking like a giant childs bedroom floor, with little houses, a power station and a model railway running through it" !!

We've seen a number of celebrity visitors walking and in the "Pilot" pub...the BEST fish and chips anywhere...including Dick and Dom after filming at the power station, the cast of Countryfile, Michael Portillo, Sandy Toksvig, Vic Reeves and family and separately..Bob Mortimer and clan.
It's a popular place to be sure !!
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sat 27 Mar 2021 - 17:17

You are lucky being in that area.. 

For us: Being in the NW part of Kent means that Dungeness is up to a 1.5 hr drive for us.

That said when we do visit we still think it worth the trip & the drive across Kent; hopefully top down; is a good day out.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim777 Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 0:07

Wish all this was over and done with, but fear never ending lockdowns and jabs  Crying or Very sad

Jim777
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 11:56

Jim777 wrote:Wish all this was over and done with, but fear never ending lockdowns and jabs  Crying or Very sad
Totally agree but at least we have the Vaccine and I do think the NHS are rolling out the jabs very quickly.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum