Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Front wishbones & stabiliser links

2 posters

Go down

Front wishbones & stabiliser links Empty Front wishbones & stabiliser links

Post by Dewdrop14 Fri 18 Oct 2019 - 18:22

Hi guys ,
Anybody had to have front wishbones & stabiliser links replaced,I'm struggling to find parts from several auto factors,I'm hoping there not Renault only parts as there very pricey !
Thanks Donna

Dewdrop14
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Front wishbones & stabiliser links Empty Re: Front wishbones & stabiliser links

Post by pittstop Sat 19 Oct 2019 - 9:59

Donna,

I feel your pain.

Failed ball joint rubbers caused wear in my Wind's lower ball joints; a potential MoT failure; so both wishbones had to be replaced.

My bill from a Renault dealer in early 2018 was £525.48 which included £147 each for the wishbones.

Having to change the whole wishbone to replace the ball joints is; in my opinion; a major design weakness.

I did see on the internet at the time that some people had succeeded in separating the ball joints from the wishbones & found suitable replacements to reduce the cost but it was not a straightforward task.

As you say non Renault equivalent parts are hard to find

Not sure what you mean by stabiliser links. Is this related to the anti roll bars where they join the wishbones?

You could certainly reduce labour costs by not using a dealer or do you already have a friend/relative who can tackle the spanner pulling?

In the past motor mechanics was my hobby; with an emphasis on classic sports cars; but the limitations of age mean I cannot do such jobs on the driveway any more so I really do resent paying labour charges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's any help the Renault Part Numbers from Dialogys are: 54 50 113 67R & 54 50 066 85R

Last edited by pittstop on Sat 19 Oct 2019 - 16:32; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down